Greetings from San Jose at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood

These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Introduce yourself! Who you are, what you're doing & using.

Old July 31st, 2010, 07:23 PM   #1
Tourist

Greetings from San Jose

Hello everybody.

I randomly stumbled upon this vast, useful plethora of information and had to join in on the fun immediately. My name, as you can see, is Justin Taylor and I'm a student in the Bay Area who hasn't decided on a career path, but just recently discovered my true passion: film.

I've been studying Journalism at De Anza College in Cupertino and am an editor on the newspaper there, which has taken up most of my time for a while now. But it's beginning to bore me, and the more bored I get with it all the more I realize what I really want to be doing is making films. So I've decided to do so.

I have some friends who are into film and have their own projects going on and they are all doing great, but two of my closest allies and I, who have all never delved into the art of filmmaking, have decided to start our own production crew and finally get serious with our passion for movies.

We currently have a couple scripts in the works and we are in dire need of resources, something I can't provide given my current, unemployed state. So as soon as a job comes my way and I can start saving up for a nice camera we will commence our journey into the abyss of filmmaking, hopefully making many friends and enemies along the way - as well as some short films.

Right now I seem to have my heart set on a Canon 7D as the quality I've seen this camera display blows my mind. Editing will take place in Final Cut, I'm sure. And all the camera, lighting, and editing tricks will be learned as we go. I've been thinking long and hard about taking some film classes since our program is really very good, but I'm not sure I want to change my degree path so late in the game.

Anyways, I hope this suffices for an introduction. I'm not sure how often I'll be posting here until we get started doing some actual work, but I figured I'd better introduce myself and get to know some of you fine people as well.
Justin Taylor is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood