another Aussie at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Introduce yourself! Who you are, what you're doing & using.

Old August 5th, 2010, 08:21 AM   #1
Tourist

another Aussie

Hello All Peter from the high country, Mansfield Australia. I've just found this site, been looking at it for a week. Can't believe how good it is. Knowledgeable people happy to share what they know, which is very reassuring for people like myself who know stuff all. For the last 3 to 4 years I've filmed the u/16 and u/18's football team, the coaching staff and all the players get a copy and at the end of the season I do a highlights DVD with slowmotion,music etc. So far I've given away about 1500 to 2000 disc's.Plus I do the occasional wedding and Deb. For this I've used a panasonic SDR-H20 and it has done a good job but like most people who think they are the next Spielberg and want to improve with every video, I have now bought a Canon HFS 21. No doubt I will be bombarding this site with " how do I " type questions so thanks in advance. The most important thing that I have learnt this month, don't use a camera that you are unfamiliar with to video important events ,like your own daughter's deb. I'm sure she will talk to me soon.
cheers peter b
Peter Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2010, 12:57 AM   #2
New Boot

Welcome Pete

Hi there Peter, Peter from Melbourne here, yes it is a great site indeed, I was involved full time in video production for years since I was 20 yrs old, for 12 yrs, then Leukemia changed my plans for a decade or two. Just able to get back into it now. Man what a different world digital is. My last studio was all analogue and 3/4 inch, now I have a canon xh a1, and have no idea what "all the buttons" do or more accurately the "settings", so it's a challenge but I'm sure I'm up to it in the long run, love the filming too much to give up. You gotta love the ease of editing now and the extra flexibility now offered as compared to the old days. My first computer cost $25,000 to run animation software, a $1,000 computer has more power than that did now, man that makes me laugh. Well anyways, welcome and enjoy, it's a great site.
Peter Anastasopoulos is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood