Hello from Northumberland at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Introduce yourself! Who you are, what you're doing & using.

Old February 17th, 2011, 03:09 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Hello from Northumberland

Hello Guys,

My name is Alan, I thought a moment to introduce myself would be polite.

I am a fly fishing instructor based in the UK. I earn my living by teaching people to fish and fly cast as well as taking them on hosted fishing holidays in the UK and abroad. Over the last 4 years since doing this on a professional full-time basis it has rekindled a love of photography I had as a teenager.

Along with the purchase of a 7D has came an unquenchable thirst for making HD movies, at present these are not as good as I would like but they improve every time. Im currently considering an HD Heero for easy point and shoot/underwater shots.

I have came to realise that for quick high quality video the 7D probably isnt the best choice but I hope with help from you guys I will master it.

I will apologise in advance for any dumb questions that might be forthcoming!
Alan Maughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2011, 12:37 PM   #2
Trustee

Welcome Alan, there's quite a few Brits here on dvinfo. I had a list but managed to delete my up-to date copy and am trying to reconstruct it. I'll put it back here when I finish. Meanwhile here's the old one: http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/these-pe...ml#post1488252

Quote:
I will apologise in advance for any dumb questions that might be forthcoming!
We'll soon tell if you are trying to bait us.

(Sorry!)
Colin McDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2011, 10:46 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Hi Colin,

Thanks for the welcome and the link, much appreciated.
Alan Maughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2011, 10:55 AM   #4
Regular Crew

First time I've heard about a list, what purpose does it serve?
Wayne Faulkner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2011, 04:10 PM   #5
Trustee

What's the point of the dvinfobrits list?

You may well ask. Some people have found it interesting and have used it to get in touch with others. I know I have made quite a few contacts with people locally and in other parts of the UK through this. Others have said that it is a complete waste of time. You decide.

I'm sorry I didn't pick you up sooner but I have been pretty busy at work recently and haven't been able to respond to new all members from the UK.
Colin McDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2011, 08:47 AM   #6
Trustee

Welcome and I used to live in Prudhoe so know your area very well, my pub (sadly now closed) also had Wylam beer as guest ales.
Old February 20th, 2011, 10:59 AM   #7
Regular Crew

Thanks for the welcome Gary, I see you are still not too far away, shame about the pub!
Alan Maughan is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood