Hi from Torquay, South West England at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Introduce yourself! Who you are, what you're doing & using.

Old March 5th, 2011, 02:19 AM   #1
New Boot

Hi from Torquay, South West England

I have been making films since 2005. Had my own production company called V2V Angling Productions, but I left that in 2009 and now go it alone.
Mainly making films about angling. Couple of 40 minute docs, otherwise shorts to put on websites.
Project coming up in two months to make a feature-length DVD for an up and coming 'name' in conjunction with a book deal and support from his sponsor.

I was shooting on two or three Canon XM2s, but sold them to move on to DSLR system. Now shooting on a 7D having sold my Nikon stills kit. Getting a GoPro Hero next and still in the process of swapping Nikon lenses for Canon.
Manfrotto legs and fluid head. Also use a Velbon CX Mini for trips to South East Asia, which happen once a year, as it fits nicely into a small suitcase. Normally shooting everything locked off.
Hoping to get some dolly track soon, as well. Never shot any dolly work yet and feel it is time to add it to my working set up. A small jib would be nice, but there's plenty of time yet...

Editing on Final Cut Pro, but need to use my PC laptop for some forthcoming projects, so will probably look at Pinnacle.

Great site, been lurking for a while. Thanks to Tony Davies-Patrick for the help in getting fully registered.
Steve Lockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2011, 04:58 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Re: Hi from Torquay, South West England

Hi Steve,

Just spotted your thread on the homepage.

I live in Paignton and own a company called MGV Productions (currently based at South Devon College although probably moving to Torquay offices soon.

Good to see another local video producer on dvinfo.

Jon
Jonathan Palfrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2011, 03:25 AM   #3
New Boot

Hi Jon. Do you work for the college, or just use it as a base?
Steve Lockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2011, 01:19 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Just based in the innovation centre.
Jonathan Palfrey is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood