Greetings from the Greater Boston Area (Massachusetts) at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Introduce yourself! Who you are, what you're doing & using.

Old September 9th, 2005, 01:10 PM   #1
New Boot

Greetings from the Greater Boston Area (Massachusetts)

I have been interested in creating video and still pictures ever since I can remember, but consider myself to be a rookie compared to the heavyweights here.

Currently, I shoot video part-time - specifically classical dance ballet from India. The awesome optics, 20x zoom, great audio and real knobs that I can hold and turn (vs. diving 'n' levels deep into a software driven menu) made the XL2 my choice camera for what I do. I use Premiere Pro to edit. (I design computer boards and chips in my other life.)

For many months, I have been lurking, and enjoyed reading the many informative posts from folks willing to share their knowledge and experience so freely. Thanks to the moderators (and self-policing), the extremely high "signal to noise" ratio on this website is indeed very refreshing.

I am in Westboro, MA, about 30 miles west of Boston (10 miles east of Worcester), and am glad to hook up with fellow DV'ers to learn more about the craft/art/technique of video, editing and the XL2.

Any willing teachers will find an eager student. Meanwhile, dvinfo.net will continue to be my mentor-at-large.

Please keep up the good work on this superb site, and keep the advice coming!

ajai
Ajai Thirumalai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2005, 02:47 AM   #2
RED Code Chef

Welcome aboard (H)DVInfo.net Ajai! Good to have you with us!

Rob Lohman, visuar@iname.com
DV Info Wrangler & RED Code Chef

Join the DV Challenge | Lady X

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Buy from the best: DVinfo.net sponsors
Rob Lohman is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood