Hi! New here from the MA / RI / CT border at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood

These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Introduce yourself! Who you are, what you're doing & using.

Old September 11th, 2012, 11:02 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Hi! New here from the MA / RI / CT border

I come from a family that takes a lot (and I mean a lot) of video and photo.

Now that I have a newborn son, I'm getting more into videography myself. I've done short edits before of Gopro footage / etc. but my first real video that I put effort into and read about videography was shot on primarily my DSLR (with some GoPro and cell phone footage mixed in).

As a result of that video, I had two people ask me to film their weddings and a third ask me to film a commercial for her business. I'm not too worried about the commercial (I can shoot more if I need to) but wedings make me nervous - there is only one chance to get it right.

Luckily the wedding isn't until next spring; but I still want to start learning and prepping now. I currently have a T2i with Magic Lantern, a 30mm 1.4 sigma, a 50mm 1.4 Canon, Rode Videomic, Flycam, regular ball head Tripod.

Just picked up a Opteka slider (konova was out of my budget) as well as a 701hdv fluid head so I don't have to do pans with my ball head any more :)

Other footage gear is a GoPro, Galaxy Nexus.

Looking forward to learning and asking questions here. I live out in MA, I also run a skiing forum (alpinezone.com), we have our own vimeo page with some skiing vids I have been working on

Looking forward to joining the community!
Nick Reuter is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood