Hello from Brussels, Belgium at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Introduce yourself! Who you are, what you're doing & using.

Old August 28th, 2013, 04:09 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Hello from Brussels, Belgium

I'd like to introduce myself, since I am new to this forum.

I am from Denmark, but I have lived in Belgium for the last almost 20 years. I have enjoyed photography since my teenage years, but I only took up filming 3-4 years ago.

I am now starting a documentary project on my own. I have a couple of technologically outdated HDV cams, but I have decided that I'll have to make do with those. As a hobbyist, I can't afford to drop several thousand Euros on new gear.

I really admire the skilled people in here who share tips and advice. Some of the threads I have read have already been a big help. No doubt I'll be asking many elementary questions as my first project (and those to come) unfolds.

Thanks for a great forum.

Cheers,

Peter
Peter Adler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2013, 04:21 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: Hello from Brussels, Belgium

It's a small world, greetings from Belgium as well :)
Noa Put is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2013, 06:38 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Fantastic shots from the NEX-EA50!

Hello Noa,

Thanks for posting a reply! It is good to see that there are also experts in the neighborhood.

A fantastic camera you got. I really like the shots from the Japanese Garden in Hasselt. In fact, they make me want to go and visit it. I suppose the footage was shot at 50p for the slo-mo :-)

I am in the process of preparing the storyboard for a 10-15 min. documentary about the neighborhood committee in the area of Brussels where I live. Like I said in my previous post, I am using pretty outdated gear... All the same, it is great fun working with this project.

Have a nice afternoon!

Peter
Peter Adler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2013, 06:58 AM   #4
Inner Circle

Quote:
I am using pretty outdated gear
Its not about the gear, it's the person behind it that makes the difference, I can shoot a video with only a few small handicams and make my clients think I used a professional camera :)
Noa Put is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2013, 07:25 AM   #5
Regular Crew

The person behind the camera for this project being me, I can only try to do my best, make mistakes, learn some more and do it again! This forum is contributing very positively to the learning part.
Peter Adler is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood