Hey from Denmark! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Introduce yourself! Who you are, what you're doing & using.

Old January 16th, 2014, 08:22 AM   #1
New Boot

Hey from Denmark!

Hey everyone! Just made an account to ask a few questions regarding our soon-to-be new camera (The Sony FS700). However, I sort of figure I'll be spending a good deal of time on this forum, as it appears to contain quite a bit of valuable information which I'm sure will come in handy. As such, I figure I should introduce myself properly, and explain how I ended here. I do like writing, so bear with me if the post gets a little long.

I'm 23 years of age, living on the northern part of Denmark, where I attend university, finishing my major in mediaproduction (2 more semesters to go!). Prior to this, I majored in language studies with a specific focus on English Discourse. Now, this may seem like a rather odd study combination, however while studying English I met a fellow student who shared my interest in narratives and how to mediate them. Naturally, we're both addicted cinefiles. Alongside studying English, we took at small class in something which can losely be translated into media studies. This 2 semester course taught us the basics of camera usage, lightning etc. While we hardly had any proper equipment to work with during this course (couple of redheads with some paper to function as softboxes etc), we manage to create a couple of commercials for local companies, while scoring high marks at the course it self. Encouraged by, in our own minds, great success we decided that this path of work was too much fun to let go of. We therefore decided to take a dedicated degree in production. While its a very enjoyable study, it figures that its immensly theoritical, and we've hardly done any fieldwork. As such, we've decided to invest everything we have into creating our own small company.

Our plan is to be able to deliver a wide array of services (such as translations, text production, homepages etc), however we want to couple this with our love for the film media, so that we can create complete packages of various brand promotiononal initiatives (commercials, social media strategies etc).

Enough of the boring background story! While we obviously hope that our business idea can be somewhat fruitful, we also want to have the equipment available, because we want to shoot short movies and the like. This will be a "hobby" project, which hopefully will translate into becoming a stable part of what we do for a living eventually.

In any case, we are quite excited to get going, and start shooting whatever we can find really. It'll be a wonderful experience learning how the camera works in detail, learning more about how good lightning create various moods etc. As such, I hope to use this forum for a lot of advice. I know it may sound a tad amatour'ish to go about it this way, but we figured that surely wouldn't get anywhere if we didn't get hands-on experience, so here we go.

Look forward to spending a lot of time here, soaking in as much information as I possible can! :) Hopefully, I won't make too much of a fool out of my self, asking stupid questions.

Cheers!
Jens Korsgaard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2014, 09:17 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: Hey from Denmark!

Welcome Jens! You've come to the right place and good luck with your business idea.
Old January 16th, 2014, 09:19 AM   #3
Major Player

Re: Hey from Denmark!

Welcome Jens! I wish you well in all your endeavours. You have certainly come to the right place for advice. As the forum slogan says, "Real Names, Real People, Real Info!" I have certainly benefited immensely in the short time I have been a member here.

Dive right in, the stupidest questions are the ones you don't ask!

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood