A total novice needing as much help as possible at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Introduce yourself! Who you are, what you're doing & using.

Old October 3rd, 2005, 08:58 AM   #1
New Boot

A total novice needing as much help as possible

Hi I have purchased a Canon xm2 and want to make a small documentary on the area that I live in, I need to know about sound, I have read that most camera's mic's are not the best in the world so need a little advice on wireless clip on mics - receivers etc, being a complete novice I'm not sure how to set things like this up with my camera, one other small point - money....... oh yes I hear you say, well cash is a little tight so will need a good sound system on a cash budget.
Hope any one can help
Paul
Oh by the way I live in the UK :)
Paul Higgins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2005, 10:22 AM   #2
Obstreperous Rex

Hi Paul, welcome to DV Info Net. You're definitely in the right place if you want to learn more about all things related to digital video. Just start browsing through the various discussions and dig right in. Just about every question you can think of has already been answered on our message boards; for instance to learn more about audio recording, head to our "Now Hear This!" forum and begin your research. Be sure to use the Search tool to help you find anything of specific interest. It's all right here at your fingertips! Hope this helps,

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2005, 11:33 AM   #3
New Boot

Thanks

Thank you very much Chris.... Im diving in as we speak.
Cheers

Paul
Paul Higgins is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood