Greetings from Edmond Oklahoma at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Introduce yourself! Who you are, what you're doing & using.

Old April 13th, 2014, 09:26 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Greetings from Edmond Oklahoma

A suburb of Oklahoma City. Is there anyone in my area that would be willing to teach me the A to Z of camcorders? I have tried the local community college and a couple of local videographers but none of them seem to have the knowledge that I am interested in. I also have the DVD entitled "camera confidence"
Of course I am willing to compensate

Last edited by Kris Zimbelman; April 13th, 2014 at 09:27 AM. Reason: Nrg
Kris Zimbelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2014, 10:27 AM   #2
New Boot

Re: Greetings from Edmond Oklahoma

What exactly do you mean by the a-z of camcorders.

Because there are places and people who could if you have the aptitude, teach you how to strip down and essentially build a camera, read scopes create scene files on the fly from scratch etc... All of those very important skills. There are also people who can if you have the aptitude teach you how to compose and shoot beautiful sequences, scenes etc. Also all important skills but without knowing what you want and what types of work you want to do it is tough to make a recommendation.

Where are you career wise if you are just a student or have just barley picked a camera thats fine but my recommendation would be very different than what I would give to say a news shooter looking to retool his career after 10 years.
Geoff Tirrell is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood