Hello from Tenerife Canary Islas at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood

These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Introduce yourself! Who you are, what you're doing & using.

Old June 10th, 2014, 03:02 AM   #1
New Boot

Hello from Tenerife Canary Islas

Hello
Just want to introduce myself, My name is Barry I had difficulty in getting registered on this forum and had to put my middle name to qualify it seems there is some other member with the same name as me.

I live in Tenerife one of the seven Canary Islas off the west coast of Africa I work in Real Estate, marketing, sales eand make videos for the company with links from our website to the host You Tube.

Sometimes I have made videos for various local bands, but that seems to have dried up since the place where the groups played has changed hands 18 months ago, and now itīs a Tasca restaurant.

I was a member of the Pana forum until that closed 4 years ago then moved to Camcorderuser and was pointed in this direction by Chris Harding who I consider a friend with all the help heīs given throughout the years although weīve never meet, I also see there are other old friends I know Dave from Suffolk in the UK. he is one of your latest members.

I donīt have the equipment some of you guys have so I might be considered a bit of a dinosaur.
I have a Pana GS400. with R/ N w/a lens, Canon 550, Monofoto tripod and monopod and use Vegas Pro10.

Barry
Barry James Parsons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2014, 06:43 AM   #2
Major Player

Re: Hello from Tenerife Canary Islas

Hi Barry,

Good to see you here.

I'm still trying to find my way around. It's not just a bigger board, there's a lot more traffic than we have been used to of late.

Never mind the equipment, I'm sure you will fit in nicely.

Dave
Dave Baker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2014, 07:08 AM   #3
New Boot

Hi Dave,

Nice to see old friends and meet new ones too, Iīve also been trying to get familial with the board and the traffic itīs like walking down the motorway, no doubt Chris will post when he gets up out of bed.

Iīve been very interested in the flying cameras, Drones etc I think one would be useful for my type of work in Real Estate, some properties are really difficult to Video or photo because of high walls around them and sometimes you canīt get far enough back even with a wide angle lenses, then sods law I see in April Spain as banned Drones (for the moment) although ĻCorte inglesĻ A huge up-market department store all over Spain are selling them. donīt know what to do.

Barry
Old June 10th, 2014, 07:37 AM   #4
Major Player

Hi Barry,

Yes, I'm sure Chris will.

As much for his information as yours, I've just told Grandpa Brian where we all are.

I can see how a drone could be useful to you in your job, but I feel they are something that needs controlling. Apart from the possible danger to low flying aircraft, there will be nowhere that is private. I don't have a criminal mind, but I can see several ways they could be mis-used, or have I been watching too much cop show TV? Paparazzi? These could make them look tame. I'm not suggesting you would use one in a less than honourable way of course, but I think enough would.

Dave
Dave Baker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2014, 09:40 AM   #5
New Boot

Hi Dave,
I agree the drones do need controlling, but having said that where does the law stop, apparently here in Spain you can use one for sport or recreational purposes but not commercially. What does the termed commercially actually mean, someone like me videoing someone's house with their permission, if a person videoed a sport event for a sports club promosion would that be termed commercially or only someone that sells the actual video to someone else.

Regards the low flying aircraft, a simple law stating not to fly within a 4 km radius of any airport and with today technology the manufactures could make the drones so they wonīt go any higher than 400 meters above the ground, that would solve most of the problems.

I also donīt have criminal mind but the bad guys are always going to go against the law, throughout Europe to own hand guns are against the law and not allowed, but people do get shot from time to time, not by the average law abiding Joe Blogs like you and me but the criminals, so whatever the law says criminals will just ignore it.

Barry
Old June 11th, 2014, 04:53 AM   #6
Major Player

beautiful place, been there a few times i have some really nice photographs from there!

yes i can imagine the footage from a MR in the caldera in Mount Teide would be stunning

:)
Old June 11th, 2014, 05:20 AM   #7
New Boot

Hi Rob,

Yes it is a beautiful Island, I also thought the volcanic crater would look nice with photos from an aerial view, many famous films were filmed with the moon type landscape in the 16km wide crater, Planet of the apes and 1 Million years BC was filmed here.

which town do you stay at when youīre on holiday here

Barry
Old June 11th, 2014, 11:23 AM   #8
Major Player

yeah i suppose they might be a bit of a nuisance from a noise pollution point of view, anyway i'm thinking of getting one, we have some good open areas here which might yield some good footage!

I've been to Tenerife numerous times so i've stayed pretty much all over;
Puerto De La Cruz, Callao Salvaje, Puerto De Santiago, Bajamar and Santa Cruz too so sort of all the cardinal points of the compass

:-)
Old June 11th, 2014, 11:53 AM   #9
New Boot

Hi Bob,

I work in Puerto de la Cruz thats where I am now, Bajamar I was there Saturday I took my Uncle who is staying with me for a few week on a little excursion only 7 to 10 miles from where I live. He enjoyed the rural agricultural area around Bajamar.

Barry
Old June 11th, 2014, 05:19 PM   #10
Major Player

great area, I liked it there ok! those hills would keep you fit eh?
Old June 12th, 2014, 12:10 AM   #11
Inner Circle

Hey Barry

Ok I'm up after 2 days in bed! Actually I have just been busy and missed your post! Glad to see you here at last so Dave has some support too!

There are some great forums here that will help if you get stuck!

Catch up later

Chris
Chris Harding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2014, 04:51 AM   #12
New Boot

Hi Chris,

Thanks for pointing me here, it seem a great forum plenty of useful information and loads of traffic.

Barry
Old June 12th, 2014, 05:57 AM   #13
Inner Circle

Hi Barry

What I like mostly is the guys are always ready to help you and due to the huge membership, if, for instance, you have a Vegas issue, you can post your problem and the next morning you have dozens of usefuls answers whereas on smaller sites you may never get an answer so if the problem is critical you are in trouble.

Chris Hurd has a gem here!!

Chris
Chris Harding is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood