Hailing from Minnesota! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Introduce yourself! Who you are, what you're doing & using.

Old July 29th, 2014, 09:54 AM   #1
New Boot

Hailing from Minnesota!

Hey guys,

First post here on the revered dvinfo.net forums! Excited to be a part of this community. If anyone is in the Minneapolis area of Minnesota and wants to hang out and pretend we know what we're doing with a film camera, message me! Seriously though, being a SPC isn't fun for a lot of reasons!

I'm 22, married, and am looking to get into more serious cinematography other than just posting random stuff to vimeo/youtube. Stuff like wedding videography, promos for local businesses (restaurants, etc.) and maybe a short film or two. I got a few ideas and am a particular fan of the horror genre :)
Scott James Walter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2014, 10:38 AM   #2
Major Player

Re: Hailing from Minnesota!

Welcome aboard. I was just in Minneapolis about a week ago. Holy crap was it hot.
Mark Koha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2014, 10:44 AM   #3
Trustee

Welcome, Scott.

I'm also in Minnesota, but it almost might as well not matter, since I'm off in Crookston, near Grand Forks, which is a ridiculous drive *sigh* so if you're ever headed in the direction Fargo, let me know.

I shoot weddings (30 so far) and am learning on the go. Old fart (37 this week, with gray in my beard), married, 2 kids (3 & 5), living in a town of 5,000, so I could not be more different, I suppose.

If I can help in anyway, ask.
Robert Benda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2014, 01:13 PM   #4
New Boot

Hey Mark,

It was super hot that week. So thankful for the window AC unit I picked up for the summer for my apartment! I am able to sleep now, unlike last summer.

Hey Robert!

That is pretty far away! If I'm nearby I'll definitely contact you. You have way more experience than me so your knowledge is probably invaluable!
Scott James Walter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2014, 07:16 PM   #5
Trustee

Hey Scott, me too. Living in South MPLS and working over in Plymouth. Welcome aboard, you'll learn a lot cruising these boards.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood