Soon to be in Toronto - Would love some pointers! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood

These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Introduce yourself! Who you are, what you're doing & using.

Old August 20th, 2014, 12:18 PM   #1
Major Player

Soon to be in Toronto - Would love some pointers!

Hi all,

I will be moving from Quebec city to Toronto on October 1st.

I am mostly a director/editor with 10 years of experience. I've done corporate videos, music videos, fashion videos, event coverage and so on but plan on moving toward more creative work once I am in Toronto.

I would welcome the chance to collaborate on your projects, big or small, thus meeting new people and extending our mutual network.

I do possess some equipment, namely a Canon 60D, ZOOM H5 recorder and Sennheiser wireless lavalier but I intend on extending my equipment list to include the Steadicam Solo (once Steadicam decide to release it), as well as an Edelkrone slider (with both modules) and some lights sooner rather later.

I am friendly, as easygoing as can be, resourceful and rigorous. You can check what I have done on my Youtube channel

Philippe Gosselin - YouTube

As for the pointers I was talking about in the subject, well this concern mainly about practical stuff such as :

-The mobile company with the best deal
-A good ISP for fast and unlimited internet access
-The best place to rent AV equipment

Or any other tip you think might help a newcomer to the city, whether it'd be about life practicalities or regards our industry

Thanks all !

Phil

ps, my email address : phil AT philvideofilm DOT com
Phil Gosselin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2014, 04:56 AM   #2
New Boot

Re: Soon to be in Toronto - Would love some pointers!

on the last, HeadShots for rentals. part of Henrys. Welcome to Tuh ron to. :)
Jim Bachalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2016, 04:37 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Re: Soon to be in Toronto - Would love some pointers!

Welcome to Toronto. There are many opportunities here in the city as it's the media centre of Canada. I have used Headshots for specialty photo lenses in the past but found that they didn't have a large quantity of higher end video gear. I have used Joe Sutherland Rentals for over 16 years because they always have the latest gear. Joe was a cameraman for many decades and gradually started supplying gear that cameramen needed. He supplies mostly Sony broadcast gear, Sachtler tripods, wireless audio and lights in addition to specialized equipment like sliders and digital recorders.
For example, Joe has over 24 Canon C300s and lots of 4K cameras from Canon and Sony including Sony Cinema F5, F55, Fs7 at very good rates. Lots of DSLRs like Canon 5D MK III, 1D MK C, Sony A7s, etc.
It's a great resource for working media producers. The staff there are simply great and very helpful. It's a good place to get the latest gear at good prices.
Joe Sutherland Rentals
1 Carlaw Avenue ( at NE corner where the Gardiner joins Lakeshore Blvd. and meets Carlaw Ave.)
Toronto, Ontario, M4M 2R6
416-778-4228 or 416-778-7595
info@joesutherland.com
Monday To Friday: 8am - 7pm
Saturday & Sunday: 9am - 5pm
Joe Sutherland Rentals Toronto, Ontario, Canada - HD Video Equipment For Rent - Film, Movies, Television, Production, Digital Media, Professional Broadcasting Gear, Cameras, DLSR, Lenses, Monitors, Media, View Finders, Recorders, Lighting, Audio, Tri
Peter Mykusz is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood