premiere elements 12 exports audio only in MPEG 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood

These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Introduce yourself! Who you are, what you're doing & using.

Old January 28th, 2015, 10:19 AM   #1
Tourist

premiere elements 12 exports audio only in MPEG 2

Hello everyone, I've just rejoined this forum. I'm in Suffolk, UK. Not sure where to post this question and, hopefully, someone will put me right.

I haven't previously had any problem exporting to MPEG2 for DVD creation footage originally filmed in MPEG4 on mobile phones and digital cameras but, recently, every time I select the usual MPEG2 preset, it proceeds to create the file and confirms successful completion but, when I go to play the file in WMP or Real, there is only audio, no video, so I cannot burn a DVD. All other presets, eg. AVI, work OK. The same thing now happens in all my other video editing programs, Magix, Corel, Sony Video Studio. I thought that each video editing program came with it's own MPEG 2 codecs, so can't understand why this new problem now appears in all my video editing programs. If the codecs are part of Windows, rather than individual editing programs, could it be that some recent Windows update has affected the codec?

I should be grateful if anyone has any ideas or suggestions please. Thanks, Tony
Anthony Bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2015, 10:40 AM   #2
Major Player

Re: premiere elements 12 exports audio only in MPEG 2

Hi Tony,

Is the exported MPEG-2 file an .m2v by chance? Those are "video only". Not familiar with Elements export options, but seems like you are exporting a demultiplexed file. Can you post a screen grab of export settings used?

Thank you
Old January 28th, 2015, 11:20 AM   #3
Tourist

Hi Jeff,

Thank you for your kind offer of help. I attach a screenshot of the presets, as suggested. At the bottom right of the screenshot is a clip from the original footage shot on a digital camera which, as you see, is MPEG4

The extension of the exported file, which only has audio in it, is .mpg, not .m2v

Looking forward to any further thoughts you may have on this mystery.

Thanks,

Tony
Attached Thumbnails
premiere elements 12 exports audio only in MPEG 2-capture.jpg  
Anthony Bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2015, 12:28 PM   #4
Major Player

I apologize that I misread the original post and was thinking there was video without sound. I have no explanation as to why the video would not work.
Old February 2nd, 2015, 09:22 AM   #5
Major Player

Anthony, I have had problems in the past with WMP and Real. I solved the problem by downloading VLC player. VLC plays things that the others won’t. I would start there just to make sure it is not the player you are using giving you the problem.
Ron Little is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood