Hello to All from Bruce Morgan at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Introduce yourself! Who you are, what you're doing & using.

Old November 11th, 2005, 01:50 PM   #1
New Boot

Hello to All from Bruce Morgan

Hello to all Memebers near and far !!!
Looks like a great forum !
I am a cinematographer with 35mm equipment such as Mitchell and arriflex gear .
i have shot a few short features and am working on my own feature .
I presently go out on paid shots with a dvx100a and i enjoy learning about the uphill road from film to dv ..
I also do concept and storyboard work and last
i have composed music on piano and electronic keyboard (Korg M1 ) for some films including my own .
I am on this site to learn and i know quite a bit about old fashion special effects
So if I can be of help please contact me .
Cheers
Bruce
Bruce Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2005, 02:29 PM   #2
Wrangler

Ahoy, and welcome aboard from near and far! I'm sure we can use your expertise around here as well. Thanks for coming aboard, matey.
Old November 11th, 2005, 05:49 PM   #3
New Boot

works in progress and questions

In order to keep up the legacy of film ,I am working on several work flows which I will share with you folks here and now .
after reading these workflow "Time lines " feel free to comment and cite post elsewhere on the web .
The legacy film I speak of is
Footage which I shot for clients using older cameras and older lenses
I use ,occasionaly a mitchell bnc rack over
This old studio camera uses the baltar lenses and several stages of filter and net and variable diffusion should someone need an old time look for a sync sound sequence .
Several problems, most cost related.
1) client monitoring .I seem to think i need an out board video camera like a high 8 or a computer digital camera with a frame mask in order to let clients see what the camera is taking .
Then there is a trace memortyi have that kodak has a previz software that gives the 'look " of the emulsion you are using
.Any ideas you folks can think of on digital cameras( for the BNC Framing ) hooked to a lap top and screen
which gives the client a simulated view ?
.The real view which the bnc provides is actually
provided by racking over and looking through the lens .
Then
2) affordable transferrs at the independant filmamker level .
Short of getting my own astronomy camera (which is supposed to yield 2k images ) and shoting the gate of an old optical projector ,
I need some refrence to affordable film in to digital out .
Any refrences would be appreciated .
DV film seems to be the one if I had to guess .Here in Los Angeles .
Other cameras i use for the "older" or Historical look are the Eyemo(1925-1949 configuration) and the Sept camera(1916-1930 french camera ) .The leses of these cameras are often uncoated providing halation which some people find usable : a short of aura is put around the
subjects which have high light reflectance .
Of course software has been made and will be made to simulate all this but
somehow I believe in keeping the old alchemy of film around
I do this not only for my self but so I can provide it to others who need to shot a historical look .
In short my post is a querry for product info for achieving a video tap monitoring of a "simulated view" and image quality for these cameras .
Next it is a more basic question about do you know "affordable" facilitys or even methods of doing
35mm or 16mm film in and digital out .
Thanks for any suggestions .
Wishing You All the Best on Your Projects
Bruce
Bruce Morgan is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood