anyone from uk? - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood

These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Introduce yourself! Who you are, what you're doing & using.

Old January 7th, 2006, 10:21 PM   #31
Major Player

Glad I stopped by today, that was definitely worth watching. The end shot is beautiful, very nicely done.

From Cardiff, mainly gig video work at the moment on a PD150 w/ Canopus 16x9 lens. Second unit is a TRV950 which is pain now cos I can't shoot "real" widescreen with it, and I can't afford the lens adapter. Also its not really adapt for the low lighting conditions.. I need to find a use for it to get my moneys worth I feel, so something in the summer hopefully :)
James Connors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2006, 05:37 AM   #32
Regular Crew

nice - what bands have you filmed? I've done a few and always enjoy it. If it's informal its great fun having a few pints and filming a band you actually really like. Not to mention a good quality live recording at the end.

I usualy travel up to London and film in the Barfly. I've got a job filming Mogwai in the ICA on the 12th or 13th.

Robin - Although I'm in Bournemouth Uni I was born in Cardiff and have lived in North Wales until I left for HE. Have you ever had any contact with the Welsh Broadcasting Trust? Or any other Welsh filming fund? - Apparently they send a few Welsh Nationals off to NYC Film School every year.
Daniel Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2006, 07:20 PM   #33
Major Player

Hi,
I'm newish to this site, so I thought I would say hello. I have set up a small production company with a few colleagues, and we've worked on several music videos this year - I don't know if I'm allowed to link to a site where they can be seen but here goes...
www. eye-saw.co.uk
This is not my own site. My contribution to the productions includes lighting, camera and grip (the Jib shots-including the wobbly ones!)
Paul Jefferies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2006, 11:50 AM   #34
Inner Circle

Well I'm based in Lowestoft, with a Norwich office - but mainly work from home. Off to Italy tomorrow for a beginners ski segment - they said can you ski, I said yes, they asked if I could ski with a camera, I said yes - two of us are off to see if we really can do it. I've got a sticky pod that should poke out of my ski jacket (with luck) not sure how stable the images will be though. Skiing hand holding the camera is a bit tricky!
Paul R Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2006, 04:14 AM   #35
Regular Crew

Hope this isnt too late.. You could try wearing a hard helmet and depending on how big your camera is, sticking the camera to your head with one stickypod sucker. Sketchy.
Daniel Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2006, 05:15 PM   #36
Regular Crew

How easy is it to get into shooting weddings and making some money out of it part time or if it really takes off could do it full time. i have a fair bit of equipment so if anyone doesn’t already do anything in the way of professional work and wants to join up with me i would be interested in starting something. i hear there is good money to be made in doing this, anyone know what shooting the average wedding pays in the uk? i only have one HD camera so 2 or 3 would be best so we can get all the different angle shots, shoot it all in HD plus do all the editing and delivering all the footage onto a DVD for the client.
Jim Rog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2006, 07:26 PM   #37
Major Player

I've just started a business filmming weddings with an old college buddy and we are charging £550 for the basic package and ranging up to £1400 which comes with a photographer (also an old college buddy) all of which are two camera shoots.

As for getting into it, ask around the family and friends and see who's getting married...theres always someone who knows someone. We also made some flyers to go in any wedding orientated shops we could find and some not so wedding orientated!.

I've heard mixed feelings about getting a stall at wedding fairs, some people think its worth it others think its a rip off, were gonna try it once to see how it goes. But ultimately its word of mouth thats your best advertisement, do a few for friends and family and use them as examples of your work.

I found starting the business was a pain in the ass... all that damn paper work and meetings with the bank and business gateway (who if you apply to with a business plan they give you a £1000 grant by the way). But hopefully it will be worth it.

Andy.
Old January 20th, 2006, 11:03 PM   #38
New Boot

hey i just moved to london, i dont have any equipment but i'm a jack of all trades when it comes to filmmaking. any of you guys interested in doing a project together email me oresteez@hotmail.co.uk
Orestes Mita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2006, 06:26 AM   #39
Tourist

Hi Guys, Im currently in my final year at Sunderland Uni doing a Broadcast and Multimedia Tech course. Anyone in the sunderland/ Newcastle area?
James R Cooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2006, 01:47 PM   #40
New Boot

I'm in the uk

I live in the east midlands, I'm a score composer, script writer and card carrying member of the press
David Priestley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2006, 06:27 AM   #41
New Boot

Jim,
Whereabouts in the UK are you?
I've been running a wedding video business for about 8 months now. I'm always looking for second camera operators for when my regular guy is busy so if you're anywhere near Surrey, give me your details and i'll let you know if anything comes up.

Pete
www.bestmanproductions.co.uk
Peter Wallington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2006, 03:04 PM   #42
Regular Crew

Another Brit here, based around Cambridge... mainly working on some shorts at the mo, tool of trade being my trusty xl1s/16x manual lense.

Cheers

Matt
Matt Harvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2006, 02:32 PM   #43
Regular Crew

Hello

i have a fair bit of equipment but not much experience but always want to learn and quick to pick up new things

oxfordshire pete

Thanks
Jim Rog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2006, 06:25 AM   #44
Regular Crew

Another TV and films composer here if anyone's interested. I also film occasionally wth a PD170 and edit on FCP. Based in Southampton and always up for a new project if I'm not snowed under with broadcast commissions.

Strange isn't it, I had nothing to do for the first six months of this year and lately I haven't had time to breathe...musn't complain though. You can always PM or email me if you want to get in touch.

Cheers

Colin
Colin Willsher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2007, 04:43 PM   #45
Regular Crew

From not so sunny leeds.

Hello Guys, andy here from Leeds, I have an xlh1, m2 adapter, vx2100, dolly, jib, radio mics, the usual. Been working as a videograher for 3 years and acreative director for 13. Always looking for intersting projects to colaberate on. Anyone in the region i have a cracking idea for some wonga, but need help (second camera ect). anway hello all.
Andy Lunn is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood