From San Antonio, Texas sayin' Howdy! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood

These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Introduce yourself! Who you are, what you're doing & using.

Old December 29th, 2005, 09:04 PM   #1
New Boot

From San Antonio, Texas sayin' Howdy!

My name is Carl Hataway and I'm from San Antonio, Texas. I am co-owner of a Videography company called Someone In Time Digital Video Productions, Inc. my partner and I both own Canon XL2's with FireStore FS-4 Pro Portable 80GB DTE Recorders , we use Shure UHF wireless microphones, both lapel and handheld. My partner uses a Varizoom Black Hawk vest supported stabilizer and I have the Varizoom Aviator vest stabilizer, both have a fully independant 16:9 TFT 7" monitor w/ it's own battery supply. The Varizoom VZ Rock lens controllers are on both stabilizer rigs. We also have one 12 foot Jib Arm and a 10 foot Sky Pod that we use when we film a large Wedding, Bar/Bat Mitzvah or any large corporate event, we can simulate a balcony shot when there is no balcony. We also have our own lighting set-up of ARRI, Photoflex and Chimera lighting rigs to fit any in-door or out-door event.

We use Pinnacle Liquid Edition 6 Pro and Avid Xpress Pro software. We use two Dell XPS600's, Dual 3.20GHz processors, 2GB Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM @667Mhz memory, dual nVidia GeForce 7800GTX Video cards and dual 20 inch flat panel digital monitors and 2-250GB SATA HDD's. And that is our Videography business for two old retired (now having fun) farts!
Carl Hataway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2005, 08:34 AM   #2
Wrangler

Hi Carl, and welcome to DVinfo. Wow, you guys have quite a cool setup, will look forward to hearing more about what you do.
Boyd Ostroff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2006, 04:17 AM   #3
New Boot

Hello Boyd

Boyd, thank you for your missive of welcome; feel free to email me anytime! Being new to this forum do you have access to my email address?

We at Someone In Time do Advanced Depositions for the Federal, State and Municipal court systems here in Texas, from which our "Bread and Butter" comes. My partner and I do anywhere from six to fifteen depositions a week @ $55-$75.00 per depo depending on time spent. We use flash cards for the attorney or officiate showing 15 min.-10 min.-5 min.-2 minutes left of tape so that he or she can stop the deposed person if we have to change tape. My partner and I sometimes both will be at the same courthouse but we have to split up because more than one court will need depositions.

When my partner, who is my son's wife's father (keeping it in the family) and I retired from our REAL JOBS we both had healthy 401K's so we withdrew the funds needed to get our equipment and by investing the money in our business we didn't have to pay penalties; everything we own in the business is paid for and that is a great feeling!

My partner owned a lighting business for thirty years and I was a Police Officer for 32 years, nineteen of which was in homicide. I retired as a Captain and moved to San Antonio to avoid any "sidewalk confrontations"! Seven of my Detectives have also retired and are now living in San Antonio, my wife has forbid us to get together because she says she has "been there - done that" and doesn't want to do it anymore!!!

Boyd, your job sounds fascinating and I would like to hear about it. My wife and I are season ticket holders to the Symphony and Ballet here in SA.

Respectfully,
Carl Hataway
carlhataway@carlhataway.com
Old January 9th, 2006, 10:10 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Welcome Carl From Dallas (area)

I know you will enjoy it here. I do depos in the Dallas "metroplex" as well. I'll keep your info handy if anyone asks.
David Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2006, 12:19 AM   #5
New Boot

Depos

Dave thanks and I'm sure you agree it is the bread and butter job for a videographer

Carl
Old January 20th, 2006, 11:59 PM   #6
Obstreperous Rex

Where are you in S.A., Carl? Are you inside Loop 410, or outside Loop 1604?

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2006, 11:13 PM   #7
New Boot

local

Hey Chris,
Cibolo off FM3009
Old February 5th, 2006, 01:11 AM   #8
Obstreperous Rex

Cibolo?! Ever eat at La Pasadita?

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood