DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   These Are the People in Your Neighborhood (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/these-people-your-neighborhood/)
-   -   Howdy from Big D -- Dallas, Texas (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/these-people-your-neighborhood/57264-howdy-big-d-dallas-texas.html)

Cornelius Allen January 2nd, 2006 11:15 AM

Hello from Big D', Texas

Hi Guys,

I've been reading this forum for some time now and decided to join yesterday. There is lots of information I found highly valuable and applicable to my soon-to-be future occupation as head of videography for a North Texas based Christian ministry.

Thanks and chat with you later!

Lorinda Norton January 3rd, 2006 12:46 PM

Yep, there's a ton of good info in these pages. You're taking on a big job, so post away if you've got questions or comments.

Glad you finally joined, and welcome!!

Oops! Just saw your post on the HD forum. Looks like you're already rolling... :)

Charles Lacey January 6th, 2006 08:17 PM

Hi Cornelius,
I'm from the big "D" area as well. McKinney.

Scott Vystrcil April 7th, 2006 01:24 PM

Anyone from the North Dallas Area

I live in Mckinney, on the West side of 75. Just wondering if any of you are local to me.

Russ Jolly April 7th, 2006 04:32 PM

We're just a quick dash down 75 in Richardson... Unless it's rush hour. ;-)

Kris Galuska April 7th, 2006 04:41 PM

I'm in the Richardson/ Plano area.
It’s nice to see some Dallas people on this board.

Greg Boston April 7th, 2006 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott Vystrcil
I live in Mckinney, on the West side of 75. Just wondering if any of you are local to me.

Welcome to DV-INFO! I am a few miles down the road in The Colony. JVC rep Carl Hicks is also located in McKinney.

-gb-

Steven Gotz April 7th, 2006 09:31 PM

I just left there. I was in North Garland - but moved to Florida.

Duane Smith April 9th, 2006 09:53 AM

I live in Dallas proper near White Rock Lake, so I'm probably a good hour from McKinney...but if y'all ever want a to have a "local" get-together, I'm always up for a drive. Heck if you get together in the Plano area, that'd only be a 1/2 hour drive for me.

:)

Scott Vystrcil April 11th, 2006 01:39 PM

A get together would be great.

Rand Blair April 14th, 2006 08:44 AM

Big D

I am from Dallas, now living in Uganda, East Africa. Will be coming through Texas fro June brfore returning to Africa. Hope theres time to meet up with a few folks.

Rand Blair
Big Heart Productions

Jeff Mack April 14th, 2006 09:33 AM

Hey guys, I've been on the site for a little while but this is the first time I checked this spot for locals. I also live in McKinney Scott! Small world. Any skilled Vegas users interested in a get together? I am new to the editing world and although I have a lot of training videos, I could always use some one on one.

Jeff Mack

Scott Vystrcil April 17th, 2006 12:32 PM

Love to help Jeff, but I am a Edius Pro user. Have not played that much with Vegas.

Pat Miller April 25th, 2006 10:00 PM

Dallas/me too.

Located in central Dallas....Walnut Hill and Central Xpressway.
I do mostly commercial work as a freelance video tech, TechnoCrane Technician, DIT, HD Video work and video playback for films and commercials around the state. My XL 2 I and other assorted equipment that I own I use to shoot outdoor videos related to the hunting/fishing industry. (no danger of me shooting weddings or bar/bat mitzvahs.) I also shoot my own personal short docs........if there's a get together let me know......Pat

Duane Smith April 26th, 2006 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pat Miller
Located in central Dallas....Walnut Hill and Central Xpressway.
I do mostly commercial work as a freelance video tech, TechnoCrane Technician, DIT, HD Video work and video playback for films and commercials around the state. My XL 2 I and other assorted equipment that I own I use to shoot outdoor videos related to the hunting/fishing industry. (no danger of me shooting weddings or bar/bat mitzvahs.) I also shoot my own personal short docs........if there's a get together let me know......Pat

Pat, you're darn close to me (I'm on the east side of White Rock Lake in the Casa Linda area). I shoot outdoor videos of a sort, but not animals...Jeeps! LOL!

All us Dallas folks really should have a get together...