Hello from Maryland - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Introduce yourself! Who you are, what you're doing & using.

Old June 14th, 2006, 04:22 PM   #16
Regular Crew

Just adding to the list, I'm in Bowie, MD.
Armin DeFiesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2006, 03:37 PM   #17
Regular Crew

Hey everyone (I've been on/off again this board but haven't posted)

Me? Well, I float between IT work and video production for the most part. Went to UMBC for film/video then found it hard to get a "real" job (at least one that pays) in any studio env. I've been freelance for years now. I've done everything from Weddings/events to commercials to corporate gigs and stuff for websites. I'm more of an editor, but also like to get out and shoot now and then. I want to get back into creative stuff... you know, short films and experimental projects possible feature-length film at some point.

My main camera is an old-school Canon XL-1 and I'm toying around with the idea of going HDV (or similar) in the next year. I'm a Vegas editor with a Dell Precision workstation and I have a DVCAM deck, although I hardly ever get DVCAM footage or Full-size DV.

If anyone needs an extra set of hands here in Baltimore, let me know.

(actually, my hands are full till mid next month... stupid work)

Jeff

(p.s. Here is my "website" -- if you want to call it that. www.scuzzofilm.com)
Jeff Krepner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2006, 09:13 AM   #18
New Boot

Hey, another guy in Baltimore, Maryland.
Sean Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2006, 10:21 AM   #19
Trustee

Welcome, Monday!

I used to live in Dundalk. Baltimore (pronounced "Balimer", HON!), aka Charm City, is a great place. Sorry that we stole Sue Serio (WQSR) from you but hey, she needed to see Philadelphia! Baltimore has some great, "moviesque" locations and we cannot forget HOMICIDE: Life on the Streets, probably one of the greatest network TV series ever.
Old July 5th, 2006, 07:02 PM   #20
Major Player

Speaking of Homicide.. unfortunately never watched the show when it originally aired, but thanks to Netflix the wife and I have been catching up on it. Really good show!

I did a wedding last year in Little Italy - totally blew my mind when I saw (much after the fact) that they shot some scenes of Homicide in the same location (St. Leo's - http://twodogfilms.com/Weddings/JillianTony/).

Crazy!
Old July 5th, 2006, 08:03 PM   #21
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh DiMauro
Sorry that we stole Sue Serio (WQSR) from you but hey, she needed to see Philadelphia! Baltimore has some great, "moviesque" locations and we cannot forget HOMICIDE: Life on the Streets, probably one of the greatest network TV series ever.

You can keep her! lol
Be honest I don't know who she is
Monday Isa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2006, 02:13 PM   #22
Trustee

Sue Serio was the daytime WQSR Oldies radio Jock. She did a pretty good job.

As for the TV series Homicide, heck, they filmed all over the city. I remember one cold morning just hanging out in front of the production offices (that doubled for the fictional precinct located at Fell's Point) and who comes ambling right by me on his way to work carrying a large coffee? One of the writers, James Yoshimura. He became notorious for that famous "Subway" episode that just blew everybody's mind. I have a confession: My eyes teared up at the end of the final episode when Clark Johnson (who went on to direct a bunch of great TV series including "The Shield") walked away from the camera down this narrow alley after briefly inspecting yet another dead body. FADE OUT. Man, I about lost it. That was my all time favorite TV show. Why?

1) The characters were so real that I could identify with them. I decide whether I like a character if, were he a real person, I would enjoy having a beer with him. (Besides, I used to be a Baltimore County cop)

2) I did not like NYPD BLUE because I could not identify with the characters. Thay had no humor.
Old February 4th, 2009, 03:14 PM   #23
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Liebergot View Post
Dave, theres the The Professional Videographers' Association of Greater Washington, DC

Professional Videographers of Greater Wash., D.C.
Hi Michael
Do you know where and when the Pvadc meets. The web site was a bit vague.

Thanks
Jim

(from Silver Spring Md)
Jim Forrest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2009, 03:27 PM   #24
Major Player

Adding as well.....Silver Spring
Jim Forrest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2009, 11:34 PM   #25
Regular Crew

Hi from suburban Maryland

Hi,

I live in Columbia and work in College Park shooting and editing video for Marketing Communications office at the University of Maryland Robert H. Smith School of Business.

I mostly tape interview/informational stuff for our website (Robert H. Smith School of Business - University of Maryland, College Park) in a 10x20 studio with some flo lights and two rollup backdrops and a green wall. We have a ReadyCam unit with a 1/2" Sony industrial camera that occasionally gets used for live broadcast TV interviews but mostly records to a DV deck. My FCP edit suite is in the studio.

I also tape speakers/interviews/messages with my own gear outside the studio.

I've been at the job for over a year and before this I did freelance stuff, mostly sports and conference panels. Before that I was an academic who needed to learn some video editing for My Research

I have some useful gear and could be up for helping out evenings/weekends on the right project. I'm most interested in news/doc stuff but any chance to learn from a real pro would be good.

--Shayne Weyker
Shayne Weyker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2009, 08:23 AM   #26
Regular Crew

Hey there all.
I'm hanging in Gaithersburg, MD after 40 years in Bethesda!
I'm a multimedia professional with a background in pro still photo, interaction design and creative direction. I've had a longtime interest in video and decided to get more seriously involved in shooting and editing two years ago. I'm a Canon HV20 wonk and obviously don't shoot for broadcast. I have strong ability in Art Direction, Lighting, Script-writing and VO. I welcome collaborative opportunities and am delighted to network with anyone else in the DC Metro region that wants to meet.
M. Paul El-Darwish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2009, 01:53 PM   #27
Regular Crew

Still in MD

Wow, this thread is still going a few years later--good to see so many people in the area from DVinfo.net. I guess the posts lock at some point, but I realized how out of date my previous post was and I couldn't edit it. Anyway, I'm now all Final Cut and produce as well as edit.

Here is some more recent (and some not so) works.
Jeffrey Krepner's videos on Vimeo
Jeff Krepner's videos on Vimeo

Jeff K
Jeff Krepner is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood