Anyone from the Greater Boston area? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Introduce yourself! Who you are, what you're doing & using.

Old June 30th, 2006, 07:53 AM   #1
New Boot

Anyone from the Greater Boston area?

I am very impressed with DV Info Net. Smart, knowledgeable, polite people with "real names". Come to think of it, maybe that's partly why we're so polite - we can't hide behind a pseudonym.

I live outside Boston, Mass near Acton. I am working on documentaries focused on global warming. I recently left a career in financial services web applications.

I'd love to find some folks to collaborate with. I want to educate and entertain without preaching. Global Warming is a critical problem but it is definitely solvable.

Shoot me an email or post a reply if you would like to talk.

-Jay
Jay Barnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2006, 11:45 AM   #2
New Boot

Hi Jay. My name is Scott, I live near you, in Ayer. I'm an audio engineer (specializing in location work, mostly classical and/or acoustic). I started offering video along with the audio a while back. I thrash around with a couple of XL1's and FCP, no clue what I'm doing but managing to get projects done anyways. I'd like a chance to email or chat or even get t ogether, if you feel so inclined, just to trade notes, ideas, etc. I've no idea of your druthers but I may also have some freelance for you, I occasionally need a cam 2 operator. Just blast me an email if interested - scott@meadowmedia.net

PS - I don't have religion about global warming but last month's issue of National Geographic really got my attention - said we have about 10 years to start turning it around. I'd also be interested in a dialog about that.

Best, Scott Loiselle
Scott Loiselle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2006, 02:26 PM   #3
Trustee

Hi, Jay. I live in Brookline. My friend Esra at Northern Light Productions might also be able to help you. What is your plan?
Emre Safak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2006, 03:14 PM   #4
Major Player

Jay,

I’m not in Boston but if you ever are in need of assistance down Connecticut way I will help if I can.

On global warming…
Whilst I believe whole heartedly that we need to eliminate as much of our pollution as possible, I would like to point out that if it were not for global warming we would still be back in the Ice Age… ;-)

Bill
Old August 26th, 2006, 12:45 PM   #5
New Boot

We may be neighbors soon

I am currently in San Jose, CA, but my wife is contemplating a relocation with her employer to Bedford, MA. (She makes substantially more money as a biologist than I do with my video productions, but I'll bet I have more fun at my job).

At any rate, I'll look you up when I get to the area.

Steve Mann
Steve Mann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2006, 10:00 AM   #6
New Boot

Scott, Emre, Bill, Steve -

Thanks for the posts. I've been offline for a couple of weeks but it was nice to see you posts now that I'm back.

I'll be in touch.

Best wishes,
-Jay
Jay Barnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2006, 10:20 PM   #7
Trustee

hi jay,

i'm right in boston. can't say i've done anything remotely interesting as i'm working fulltime and studying full time (both non-DV-oriented).

have you seen an inconvenient truth?

BTW GBH is right in Brighton! =). lots of documentary people in/around boston! it's a great place for that.

i'm more into stylized fiction... sorry =(.

PS here's an awesome website for the NE area:
http://nefilm.com/

lots of resources on that site.
Old September 8th, 2006, 07:40 AM   #8
Major Player

I'm also in the Boston area. I'm in the middle of a big project that has a documentary part to it. But it's not about global warming, however.

I guess we can put a link to our own websites? www.catzillaproductions.com is my posse.
Dennis Stevens is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood