One Year in Bangkok... at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Introduce yourself! Who you are, what you're doing & using.

Old July 16th, 2006, 10:36 AM   #1
Regular Crew

One Year in Bangkok...

My name is Michael Pennington and i'm currently living in Bangkok, Thailand where i've been working on a documentary about the Killing Fields of Cambodia. It's only an hour flight to Phnom Penh so Bangkok is a great base of ops for it.

I have a GL2 and an XL2 with a FS-4 DTE recorder. I have a mac laptop and use FCP HD.

I'm constantly looking for more skills so if anyone is doing any shooting in Thailand and needs an extra hand with anything, let me know. Just PM me and i'll reply as soon as possible.

Oh, and i love DVInfo.net! There is so much DV knowledge here. I have learned a great deal from this site and will continue to use it as a learning platform.

Thanks,

Michael Pennington
Michael Pennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2006, 12:11 PM   #2
RED Code Chef

Welcome aboard (H) DV Info Net Michael, good to have you with us!

How do you like Thailand? Never had the pleasure to go there myself.... yet.

Rob Lohman, visuar@iname.com
DV Info Wrangler & RED Code Chef

Join the DV Challenge | Lady X

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Buy from the best: DVinfo.net sponsors
Rob Lohman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2006, 08:28 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Thailand

Thailand is nice if you stay out of Bangkok! It's so hot, humid and disgusting. LOL. But the beaches rock and the north is cool too. I travel back and forth to Cambodia and that keeps me out of Bangkok so I cant really complain that much.

Michael
Michael Pennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2006, 11:27 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Sawasdee

Good luck on your documentary. I just came back from 9 months in Nong Khai. I shot alot of Thai Boxing and loved it. Of course the only thing I liked about Bangkok was being able to eat farang (foreigner) food for a change.
My only advice to you is to be careful of help when you have problems. This is because of the quality of products and because of all the pirate software. I bought a laptop while there and spent a month working on my computer recognizing my cameras. After all my trouble shooting and reinstilations, etc., I found out that the 2 brand new firewire cables were both bad and the third one worked great. At least in Bangkok you don't need to speak Thai, I always needed an interpreter with me at a computer shop.
Chuk dee,
Chris
Chris Colin Swanson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2006, 07:39 AM   #5
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Pennington
My name is Michael Pennington and i'm currently living in Bangkok, Thailand where i've been working on a documentary about the Killing Fields of Cambodia. It's only an hour flight to Phnom Penh so Bangkok is a great base of ops for it.

I have a GL2 and an XL2 with a FS-4 DTE recorder. I have a mac laptop and use FCP HD.

I'm constantly looking for more skills so if anyone is doing any shooting in Thailand and needs an extra hand with anything, let me know. Just PM me and i'll reply as soon as possible.

Oh, and i love DVInfo.net! There is so much DV knowledge here. I have learned a great deal from this site and will continue to use it as a learning platform.

Thanks,

Michael Pennington
Hi Michael,

I lived in Bangkok, Thailand for a year back in 1970. I'm sure it's changed alot since then. The reason I was there was my husband was in the military. Yes, it is quite different from the U.S. in many different ways. My husband and I went on severa vacations to the beautiful beaches of Thailand. I'm sure that Bangkok has changed in many ways since I was there. It would be fun to go back...but just for a visit!

Sa-wa-dee,

Linda
Linda Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2006, 04:36 PM   #6
Regular Crew

ahh BKK, I seriously love thailand, and Bangkok too. It is a crazy city, but I love the way you get the nice mix of modern and ancient. What part of the city are you living in? I was in shooting a doc SE Asia for about 4 month in 2004 and I had a blast. I especially loved loading up into two tuk tuks with a bunch of friends and then getting them to race. good times.
Colin McAuliffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2006, 09:02 AM   #7
Regular Crew

Probably not checking this thread but I'm also living in Thailand

Paul
Paul Cypert is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood