Hello from Costa Mesa, California at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Introduce yourself! Who you are, what you're doing & using.

Old July 31st, 2006, 03:11 PM   #1
New Boot

Hello from Costa Mesa, California

Hello Everyone,

Having lurked on this board for quite some time and posted a few questions and answers I figured I would put my hat into the ring. I am a newbie to the DV world having come from film in my past life and am excited by what can and is being done in this field with so little money but with vast talent.

I am out of Costa Mesa, California which is in Orange County. I am looking to freelance and have a new Canon XL2 as my workhorse camera for now and a new Mac running Final Cut Studio 5.1. Currently looking for any and all projects, collaborations or whatever is out there. My partner is a 2D animator (yes there are still 2D animators), graphic designer and photoshop wiz. So if anyone needs an extra camera, or even a primary camera, editing, DVD authoring, animation or any photoshop work then let us know at tyorkca@mac.com

Thanks,

Tom York
Tom York is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2006, 05:15 PM   #2
Wrangler

Welcome to DVinfo Tom. You're in a nice part of the world! I was out in Costa Mesa at the Orange County Performing Arts Center for a few days last fall installing my Tosca scenery for a production by Opera Pacific. Sounds like you've got a nice setup, will look forward to seeing more of your posts.
Boyd Ostroff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2006, 05:21 PM   #3
New Boot

Thanks Boyd,

The OC Performing Arts Center is one of my favorite places. I live about 3 blocks away from there and have seen many a great performance there, highly recommended for anyone coming to the area for a visit.

Tom
Tom York is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2006, 05:28 PM   #4
Wrangler

Yes, very impressive although I'm not crazy about that assymetrical theatre where they do the operas. Phenomenal backstage technical facilities (they have literally every kind of cool toy there), but the auditorium is kind of a big barn which feels removed from the stage. But that new concert hall they're building looks very cool. When is that scheduled to open?
Boyd Ostroff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2006, 05:33 PM   #5
New Boot

Well by the looks of it in person and by their website they are saying September 2006 will be the opening of the 2000 seat concert hall and the 500 seat multi use theatre along with the education center so its all coming together. Here is a link if you or others want to take a look.

http://www.ocpac.org/about/Expansion.asp

Tom
Tom York is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood