Feeler for people in DC Metro Area at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Introduce yourself! Who you are, what you're doing & using.

Old December 8th, 2006, 02:37 PM   #1
New Boot

Feeler for people in DC Metro Area

Greetings to everyone on DVi. I've been trolling here for a while but haven't posted before this. I'm putting out a feeler for people interested in working on a micro-budget production. I'm currently writing the script based on an idea i've been developing for a year. I still have some more dialogue to write, but it's probably going to be 40-50 minutes in length. It's going to be an intimate romance, (or anti-romance depending on how you look at it), that dissects a relationship and goes into explaining the thoughts and feelings behind the actions that happened in that relationship.

As of right now, i'm planning on using a Canon GL2. I'm going to pick one up soon and start learning how to use it. As far as sound recording, i'm leaning towards a MD recorder. It seems to have worked well for many people.
Michael Grilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2006, 05:16 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Hi Michael,

I grew up in Vienna, and most recently lived in Reston until I escaped to Honolulu two years ago, so I thought I'd say hello! Good luck on your production. Be sure and let us know how it progresses.

Aloha,

Larry
Larry Price is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2006, 01:58 PM   #3
Major Player

In spite of the quiet response there's quite a few people from the metro area on the boards. The Helping Hands area might get you more sucess in finding folks. But also more of a sense of time frame.

You'll like the GL2 I think. I used to use one a lot and was always happy with the images I got. Good luck with your project.

Smile,
Kris
Kris Holodak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2006, 02:05 PM   #4
Obstreperous Rex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Grilo
Greetings to everyone on DVi. I've been trolling here for a while but haven't posted before this.
Hi Michael,

You haven't been trolling... you've been lurking. Lurkers are heartily encouraged to step forward and post, or to continue lurking. Some of our best long-term posters used to be long-term lurkers here.

Trolls, on the other hand... well, we have a special Goon Squad to handle that little problem.

Welcome to DV Info Net,

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2006, 02:31 PM   #5
Major Player

grew up in vienna, and am going to college in richmond currently. depending on when you wanted to shoot, I would be interested.
Bennis Hahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2006, 02:43 PM   #6
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hurd
Trolls, on the other hand... well, we have a special Goon Squad to handle that little problem.

Welcome to DV Info Net,

I wonder who's on the Goon Squad with me...........................Peter!

Welcome to the board. I'm down in Richmond VA, I call it extended DC Metro. Even though I loathe driving in DC. If I wasn't so burried under my stuff, I'd run up there and help you. I also agree, you'll love the GL2, it's a great camera.
Old December 20th, 2006, 02:42 PM   #7
New Boot

Bennis, do you go to VCU? I know a couple people down there, I love the area. I was going to move to Richmond about a year ago, but I decided to stay up here for now. So my GL2 is coming tomorrow hopefully, for some reason I got my wide-angle lens today but the rest of the order isn't coming until tomorrow. I'm really excited to start experimenting with settings and shots. My good friend is ordering a new PC specificly for editing in the next couple days. We recently had a production meeting between people involved right now and decided on a couple script changes/added a couple scenes to make the screenplay flow better, so i'll be working on that and learning the camera for the next couple months. We can use anyone for any task, but especially someone who is confident handling a camera. I shake too much, plus i'm acting in this one so after framing I won't be behind the camera too much. While I would like to begin as soon as possible, which would be mid-spring, I think waiting until summer when I have more friends around who can assist might be the best idea. Plus if I wait until summer it gives me enough time to hammer everything out and not rush it.
Old December 31st, 2006, 06:21 AM   #8
New Boot

Bump to see if Bennis got my email.
Old December 31st, 2006, 08:42 AM   #9
Major Player

Welcome to the board, and good luck with your production. There are a lot of resources around here. Craigslist is a great place to dig up crew, also. As for actors, there is a local yahoo group called "bdragonuk" that every working actor I know reads daily. It is a great way to find a cast.

Have fun!
Old January 3rd, 2007, 11:51 AM   #10
New Boot

I too am a luker. Although based out of Western West Virginia if any of you guys need a hand I can help. Currently own DVX100A with wireless kit and FS-4 Pro. I also specialize in audio post. I grew up in Fairfax Co. and family still lives there so swinging in for gig is no problem. Just throwing it out there for future reference.
Todd McCormick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2007, 05:05 PM   #11
Major Player

Vienna!

I'm in Oakton and interested in the same thing. Drop me a line: jad@jadware.com
Jad Meouchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2007, 08:27 AM   #12
New Boot

Barry, I couldn't find that yahoo group. I'm pretty amazed at the response I've been getting as far as crews go. It's definitely making me feel like making a feature is quite realistic, something I didn't think a couple months ago.
Old January 4th, 2007, 08:57 AM   #13
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDragonuk Email
If you want Film, Video & TV Acting Jobs, Training,
Premier's & Networking Events make sure you are
a member of Brians Actors Group. To join (or have
someone Else join) send a blank e-mail from the
address you want the e-mail to be sent to:
BDragonuk-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
Here's the info. Glad you are getting a good response :) Good luck.
Old August 27th, 2011, 09:27 AM   #14
Regular Crew

Re: Feeler for people in DC Metro Area

Posting some love for the DC area. I work a lot around the beltway. Who else is here?
Christian Brown is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood