Hello from Melbourne Australia - Page 4 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Introduce yourself! Who you are, what you're doing & using.

Old January 30th, 2006, 04:16 PM   #46
New Boot

Zero2Infinity Films

Well I made a big and exciting New Years resolution of sorts this year. On New Years Day I registered successfully a business - Zero2Infinity Films. All systems are go for Steve (my partner) and me. We have a camera (Canon XL2), we have made a steady cam, we have all the parts to make a skate board dolly. More importantly we have our first script. It is a short play that I wrote a couple of years ago for a special event and we are in the process of rewritting it for film. We are looking at shooting it in February and will post footage on our website which should be live very soon.
I know so many people in this game - talented actors, writters, directors, lighting people, set builders, audio gurus and the goal of Zero2Infinity is to utilise all of these people and resources, to create our own films and blooby well enjoy every step, every mistake, every success along the way.

Boy am I excited - I love this stuff.
Old November 13th, 2006, 06:20 AM   #47
Tourist

Hello everyone

Hi,

A quick introduction. My name is Alex, 21 years old and im a photographer living in Melbourne, Australia.

Have been visiting these boards for a while and finally signed up! Thought it best to introduce myself before randomly posting.

I love my photography, currently automotive work, and also have my own business that is getting on its feet. However I want to start making some serious doco's and short films I have written. Its a pity to have spent so much on my still photo kit, and now spend more on video gear. Such is.

I hope to see you all on the forums soon, no doubt with an abundance of helpful information.

Cheers,

Alex
Alex Rae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2006, 08:04 AM   #48
Wrangler

Welcome Alex! Glad you took the plunge after lurking for awhile. Will look forward to hearing more from you.
Boyd Ostroff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2006, 09:35 AM   #49
Inner Circle

Welcome Alex,

You do have a lot of mates from Australia on this board! Glad you signed up.

Mike
Old November 16th, 2006, 01:54 AM   #50
Major Player

Sorry for digging up an old thread, but I'm just wondering Ron if your "Zero2Infinity Films" venture actually ever got fully operational?
Chris Hocking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2006, 05:58 AM   #51
Tourist

Hey thanks guys. There does seem to be alot of fellow aussies here.

Still waiting for the FX7/V1 and the panasonic A1 to be released down here before making a decision on which camera.. Hopefully soon, as im twithcing to go.

Cheers
Alex Rae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2007, 07:20 PM   #52
Regular Crew

Hello from Melbourne Australia

Hi all!

Stumbled across this forum as I'm currently researching HDV cameras, looking between Canon and JVC. From what I'm reading JVC is the way to go.
I'm an editor by trade but shoot a bit as well. I've cut everything from Corporates to Features and I'm expert in Avid and Final Cut Pro.
We are about to go on the road doing a travel doco and that's why I'm looking into HDV.

So that's me. Glad to be here.
Sean Lander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2007, 11:54 PM   #53
Wrangler

Hi Sean,

Glad you're here, and I hope you'll keep coming back for more. Good luck in your search for the camera that's right for you. :)

That road trip for the travel documentary sounds like a blast! Have a great time with it.
Old February 23rd, 2007, 07:09 AM   #54
RED Code Chef

Hi Sean, welcome aboard DV Info Net, it's good to have you with us. Enjoy the road trip! :)

Rob Lohman, visuar@iname.com
DV Info Wrangler & RED Code Chef

Join the DV Challenge | Lady X

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Buy from the best: DVinfo.net sponsors
Rob Lohman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2007, 05:51 AM   #55
New Boot

Hi Sean,
call me sometime.
Oki Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2007, 09:44 AM   #56
Regular Crew

Hi Sean,

Is this Sean Lander from Globla Vision in Melbourne Australia?

If so this is Simon Duncan. I worked at Global Vision back in 1997 as a production assistant for the series of Education Docuementary DVD's.

I am now based in France.

Been shooting stuff on the trusty old Canon XL1 for around 4 years now and have also been looking at the JVC HD200 camera.

Regards
Simon Duncan
Simon Duncan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2007, 11:11 PM   #57
Regular Crew

Sup guys!

Name is Ryan and i run my own (smallish, but with big hopes) Video Production Company in this, the greatest city in the world...........MELBOURNE!

Mainly doing Wedding Videos but i have just started to do a few smaller type corporate productions (just finished shooting a web video for Hummer Limo's in port melbourne last month!)

I am upgrading my beloved PD170 to a Z1 shortly but am thinking of holding off untill then new XDCAM EX comes out.

I'm an Apple fanatic and have been using Final Cut Pro for close to 4 years now...........and have just started to dabble in Motion & DVD Studio Pro.

Anyways, my website (yes-built on a MAC) is www.visionmediaproductions.com.au

Nice to meet ya'll!

Cheers!

Ryan
Ryan Lester is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood