Heading to Tuktoyaktuk, NWT - back to AZ, USA at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood

These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Introduce yourself! Who you are, what you're doing & using.

Old March 25th, 2007, 01:23 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Heading to Tuktoyaktuk, NWT - back to AZ, USA

I was invited to document Scott Brady's Arctic Ocean Expedition 2007, just a week before Scott and his navigator Chris Marzonie left Prescott, AZ. The rig is a 2004 Tacoma Double cab towing an Adventure trailer "Chaser" Packed and loaded we left March 13, 2007.

Scott had been speaking with Exxon/Mobil about sponsorship and the possiblility to purchase our finished DVD's of the adventure. Exxon/Mobil will use the DVD's for Point of purchase sales at nation wide distributors.

How could I say no? I have been living on the west coast for the past 22 years. Because of that, I lost most of that northern New York tough skin. It is amazing how fast you can acclimate to your surroundings.

I had just a week to procure the proper sub zero clothing needed to campout, dog sled, Ice cloimb and drive the ice roads up to "Tuk". Along with the challenge of moving my kits from SD to HDV in less than a week. I choose Canons XLH1 and XHA1, fitted with Porta Brace cases, Rain Slickers, and Polar Mittens. Most everything was ordered thorugh B&H overnight and direct from Porta Brace - service was truly amazing.

This forum has always been a big help in many decisions. I have been following Chris Hurd around since I bought my GL1 back in early '99 ( thanks Chris). A super big thanks goes out to my good friend Steev Dinkins at Holyzoo - for his vast knowledge of all things creative and tech.

You can read the blog updates for this trip and view podcasts here -

http://web.mac.com/desertdude/iWeb/d...E.07_Blog.html
Pasquale Benedetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2007, 03:14 AM   #2
RED Code Chef

That sounds like an awesome experience Pasquale!

All the best,

Rob Lohman, visuar@iname.com
DV Info Wrangler & RED Code Chef

Join the DV Challenge | Lady X

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Buy from the best: DVinfo.net sponsors
Rob Lohman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2007, 10:13 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Thank you Rob

We had a chance for some fun yesterday - dog sledding...The temps for up here were a warm -14 F approx -26 C -Cold for this AZ transplant. This was my opportunity to check out the Porta Brace Polar Mitten on the XLH1 - I loaded in as many heat packs as I could fit into the inside pockets.

The dog sled owner was surprised I was going to shoot while riding my own sled. At first she was hesitant, in the end she siad she broke all her rules of saftey. Hey if you are going to get the shots you have to take a few risks. I think most of the footage is usable for hand held action. I am missing my external hard drive power supply( left in a motel in Missoula Montana), so I am using iMovie HD for editing these podcasts. The audio seems to be out of synch during capture.

check out the podcast

http://idisk.mac.com/desertdude-Publ...g.Sledding.m4v

Heading up to "Tuk" today
Pasquale Benedetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2007, 11:22 AM   #4
Regular Crew

new podcasts up for view... http://desertdudefilms.com/

Exon/Mobil has signed one for a series of podcasts to help create a buzz for the Expedition DVD which will be available this fall.

I have captured all the raw HDV footage (26 hours) and have started the editing process.
Pasquale Benedetto is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood