Hello from Tarzana, California at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Introduce yourself! Who you are, what you're doing & using.

Old April 8th, 2007, 12:27 AM   #1
New Boot

Hello from Tarzana, California

My XH A1 arrived from B&H yesterday, so after lurking in the shadows of the DVi forums for several weeks, I wanted to officially say hello. Briefly, I've lived in Southern California for nearly 21 years, having moved out here from Florida. I am a member of The Animation Guild and the D.G.A. Of late, I have worked primarily as an animatics/previz artist, but I started directing 2nd Unit last year, and hope to continue in that direction.

To that end, I am currently focusing my efforts on producing a series of shorts between film projects, which is why I purchased the A1. I was sold on the camera the minute I saw the N.Y. Cabs movie by Spencer Lum, which I think makes at least six A1's that Spencer's work has been responsible for selling; he really must go get a commission from Canon! These forums are the best resources I've ever run across, and I thank everyone who has so generously provided advice and information on the current state of digital video technology.

If there are any other aspiring filmmakers near the the San Fernando Valley area, please get in touch!
Bradley Mauro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2007, 01:10 AM   #2
Major Player

Hey man, I just joined here recently too, and I'm in SFV as well.
Matt Newcomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2007, 12:38 PM   #3
RED Code Chef

Hi Bradley, welcome aboard DV Info Net, it's good to have you with us!

Rob Lohman, visuar@iname.com
DV Info Wrangler & RED Code Chef

Join the DV Challenge | Lady X

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Buy from the best: DVinfo.net sponsors
Rob Lohman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2007, 03:55 PM   #4
New Boot

Thanks, Rob. It's great to have found this talented community. I'm no high-end expert, but if I can tackle any questions about CG work or visual effects, please feel free to ask. There is so much you can do with off the shelf software, but it's a jungle of options and information - much like the world of digital video!

And again, if there are any locals out there serious about making movies, please get in touch.
Bradley Mauro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2007, 08:24 PM   #5
RED Code Chef

At the moment I'm in SoCal too :)

Rob Lohman, visuar@iname.com
DV Info Wrangler & RED Code Chef

Join the DV Challenge | Lady X

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Buy from the best: DVinfo.net sponsors
Rob Lohman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2007, 09:29 PM   #6
Regular Crew

I am also a socal resident, and yes it was Spencers and Dempsey that made me want the A1, and sold me pretty much on it. Now to get it.

Welcome to this community and I too thank itll be a great place to learn and develop, ive learned so much here in just the last few weeks.
Eric Sipe is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood