Film Group Meeting - Greater Toronto Area - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Introduce yourself! Who you are, what you're doing & using.

Old July 28th, 2007, 06:25 AM   #31
Regular Crew

Date for first meeting

Hi everyone.

I've set Monday August 13, 2007 as the night for the first meeting. If you are still interested in attending, please email me at:

classserver@yahoo.com

I'll be able to get a headcount and I'll email you the address/details of the meeting.

Hope you can all attend. It would be great to make it a regular event.

Thanks.

Jiovanni
Jiovanni Iacoviello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2007, 07:05 PM   #32
New Boot

any news on a carpool?
Tom Hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2007, 05:34 AM   #33
Regular Crew

Hi everyone,

The meeting is definitely taking place this upcoming Monday Aug. 13 at 7pm. I will be bringing my HVX200 and Brevis 35mm adaptor for anyone who is interested in taking a look. Since this is just the first meeting, there won't be any specific agenda, but instead will be more of an opportunity for all to meet and for me to gage how much interest there is for future gatherings. If there's enough interest, and I'm hoping there will be, I would absolutely like to make this a regular thing. Future meetings would include screenings, testing of equipment (I've got a new green screen and small crane I'd like to play with) and of course, discussion of each others projects and how the collective might be able to help.

The location I have access to is very comfortable and low key. I think it's a perfect place for us to hang out, have a pizza, discuss film. If you've emailed me already to confirm, I will be emailing you back with the exact address of the meeting. If you have not emailed me yet, please send me a note at:

classserver@yahoo.com

I love film and am very serious about meeting like-minded people. If you are the same, I hope that you can make it.

Look forward to meeting everyone.

Jiovanni
Old August 9th, 2007, 06:34 PM   #34
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Hall View Post
any news on a carpool?

Tom,

There may be someone coming up from the harborfront area. If you're still interested in coming, I can ask him if he could give you a ride. Let me know.
Old August 13th, 2007, 09:24 AM   #35
Regular Crew

Just wanted to remind everyone that the meeting is still taking place tonight. I look forward to seeing everyone. If you haven't yet emailed me for info, there's still time.

classserver@yahoo.com

Jiovanni
Old August 14th, 2007, 10:03 AM   #36
Regular Crew

First meeting went great

Just wanted to report that our first meeting last night went really really well. Everyone had a great time and we've all agreed that we should make this a regular thing.

Our next meeting will be Monday Aug. 20 @ 7PM. I look forward to see all of you who made it to the first meeting again, and hopefully some new faces as well. If you're interested in coming, email me at:

classserver@yahoo.com

I'll email you back info.

Thanks to all who came out. See you all next Monday.

Jiovanni

PS - I'll be typing up that contact list for all who attended and getting it out today, or tomorrow. Thanks again.
Old August 14th, 2007, 11:34 AM   #37
Tourist

I would be interested in attending the next meeting. I live in Markham and own a Canon XL-2.
Ryan Dever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2007, 11:39 AM   #38
Regular Crew

Ryan,

Email me directly so I can email you back the details. Look forward to meeting you.

classserver@yahoo.com

Jiovanni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Dever View Post
I would be interested in attending the next meeting. I live in Markham and own a Canon XL-2.
Old August 22nd, 2007, 09:19 AM   #39
Regular Crew

Film Group Meeting - Greater Toronto Area

Hi,

We began a film group three weeks ago and it has been a huge success. We've already had two Monday night meetings and will be having another this upcoming Monday Aug 27 at 7PM.

It's located near Vaughn Mills Mall and is a great place to meet and discuss each others projects, test out equipment, or even have screenings.

I have been bringing my Brevis 35mm adaptor and nikon lenses, plus the cinevate rails and mattebox for all to see. Last week I also brought my kessler crane for everyone to try out.

The location I have access to is very comfortable and low key. I think it's a perfect place for us to hang out, have a pizza, discuss film.

If you're interested, please send me a note at:

classserver@yahoo.com

I'll email everyone back with the exact address.

I love film and am very serious about meeting like-minded people. If you are the same, I hope that you can make it.

Look forward to meeting everyone.

Jiovanni
Old August 22nd, 2007, 10:12 PM   #40
New Boot

interested maybe if there is a carpool.

Cheers.
Tom Hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2007, 08:51 AM   #41
Regular Crew

Tom,

There is someone coming up from the Harborfront that said they could probably give you a lift. If you'll email me at:

classserver@yahoo.com

I'll email you his contact number and you guys can work something out. Hope you can make it. We've had good turnouts and I think you'll enjoy it.

Jiovanni
Old July 20th, 2008, 02:27 PM   #42
New Boot

Hey guys,.. just found this recently. Is this group still meeting? Still getting together and doing stuff? I tried emailing to the posted address, but am getting nothing back. I'm in the area and curious about it.
Steve Baker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2008, 05:15 PM   #43
New Boot

Ok,.. well, I'll take the silence as a "No, the group is not in existance any more, and do not get together any more either." :-)
Steve Baker is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood