Live uncut, unedited croc hunter live on animal planet. at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media
Let's talk about anything media related.

Old June 9th, 2003, 12:19 AM   #1
High School Student

Live uncut, unedited croc hunter live on animal planet.

Anyone see the promos for this? Looks pretty funny. It will be that crazy austrillian Steve guy on the animal planet, wrestling some crocs, live. It will be tomorrow at 9PM EST.

http://animal.discovery.com/fansites...xpedition.html
Alex Knappenberger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2003, 12:56 AM   #2
Major Player

Alex i saw him live last time i was in QLD, no matter what anyone says or laughs about, he is smarter than you or I.

He has made a fortune doing what he loves, and he gives back so much money and time to all the kids and animals, he is a great guy, and yes the way he talks is even funny to australians.

Btw, he must have watermelon sized........ because he really does get down in therte and grab those things, one person while i was there lost 1/2 finger and just kept going!!! (not steve)

zac
Zac Stein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2003, 05:04 AM   #3
Capt. Quirk

I tell you what- That is one fella that knows his stuff. I have handled cobras, vipers, and several other species of venomous snake, but never been as relaxed as he is. The man has nerve.

I envy Zac... me and my boy are huge fans of Steve-o, and he is on the top of my 'people I'd like to meet' list.
K. Forman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2003, 05:27 AM   #4
Major Player

Kieth i actually ended up meeting him like 5 times, i was in a small city which was 20 minutes away from his Zoo, and he was in town every day always hanging right around our hotel. He is a really nice guy who just loves the kids.

We had arrived after the school holidays had finished (the only time to go) and he had made a promise just before that he would appear personally at every show, so this was a guy doing 6 shows a day, sometimes more because he felt bad if some kids didn't get to see him, and over 50,000 people were going through his zoo on any day. Lets also not forget it is VERY hot in Queensland.

But yeah, he puts all the money he makes back into his zoo and to childrens charaties, he is just a great guy. His daughter is a huge celeb here too with her own under 10's fashion line. heh heh.

He has been doing this kind of thing all his life, his father used to do it, he grew up on the zoo, even his daughter gets into the enclosed areas with him and touches the crocks, he knows exactly how to handle them and apparently is an excellent teacher.

Amazing to compare him and Michael Jackson, except i think Michael lost the fight with the crock.

Zac
Old June 9th, 2003, 05:50 AM   #5
Capt. Quirk

I would never compare Steve-O to Michael Jackson. That's just wierd!

Zac- How close are you to the zoo?
Old June 9th, 2003, 05:59 AM   #6
Major Player

They are both white and speak funny. *grinz*

Zac
Old June 9th, 2003, 06:12 AM   #7
Trustee

I actually surfed with Steve in Bali. He was there shooting stories on monkeys and snakes and had some time off. I was up there for a week sufing off Kuta before going on a boat trip. In this time when surfing has become so competitive, especially in places like Ulu's, Steve was out there chatting, calling people into waves, and just generally being stoked on surfing some of the most beautiful waves on the planet. My hats off to the guy, a true ANZAC.
Adrian Douglas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2003, 10:31 AM   #8
Air China Pilot

I read that he was a world class surfer, whatever that means.
Old June 9th, 2003, 03:13 PM   #9
Wrangler

Aren't all Aussies world class surfers by birth? :)

I'd love to meet Steve someday. From what I've seen of him on TV, he looks very sincere about helping the planet out. Just hope I get to before he slips up and ends up in the business end of a saltwater croc!
Old June 9th, 2003, 03:34 PM   #10
Capt. Quirk

I doubt it would be a croc that gets him... The way he handles some of the deadliest snakes makes me shivver- And I used to handle cobras barehanded, and clean rattlesnake cages in the living room barefoot. Of course, the vipers were ALWAYS handled with a hook!
Old June 9th, 2003, 03:44 PM   #11
Regular Crew

It amazes me at the skill and knowledge he holds. Seeing how he can handle a deadly snake or a saltwater croc. Then compare how I've seen others handle it those same animals. He's definitely in a class by himself.
Matt Betea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2003, 07:30 AM   #12
Trustee

Steve's at it again, this time it's Crocodile Hunter - The Movie!!!

Not the strongest story or script but if you get a good laugh out of Steve's show you'll get a laugh out of this.
Adrian Douglas is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media