Stupid manual! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media

The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media
Let's talk about anything media related.

Old June 20th, 2003, 11:56 PM   #1
High School Student

Stupid manual!

First off, I never read product manuals, infact I usually throw them away, but I was trying to charge one of my camcorder batteries just a minute ago, and the charge light on the battery charger started blinking. I was like "what is this crap"? Dreadingly I pulled out the manual and looked it up. All the retarded manual said was:

"Charging is not possible. Remove the Battery once, wait a short time, then re-attach it for charging."

Wow, great explanation!
Alex Knappenberger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2003, 12:43 AM   #2
Outer Circle

Strange. With my DVL9500 batteries, it blinks when they're charging; when they're done, the light stays on but don't flash.
Frank Granovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2003, 02:03 AM   #3
High School Student

Thats a JVC though, this is a Mats**tsa.

Theres 2 lights on mine, red for power, and the green one, which stays on if the battery is charging, blinks if theres a "problem" and goes off when its done.
Alex Knappenberger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2003, 02:13 AM   #4
Outer Circle

>Thats a JVC though, this is a Mats**tsa.<

JVC is "a Mats**tsa" as well. So's RCA, etc.

Is your battery dying? These batteries are only good for about 200 charges, probably less.
Frank Granovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2003, 08:33 AM   #5
Major Player

My XL1s charger blinks too. It's a good idea NOT to through away the manual. Sometimes they don't make sense, but then again they have bailed me out more than once.
Bob Zimmerman is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media