Circuit City Blows! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media
Let's talk about anything media related.

Old June 24th, 2003, 05:21 PM   #1
Slash Rules!

Circuit City Blows!

Prepare for a rant.

I went looking to buy two Panasonic miniDV tapes, preferably the Linear Plus (lowest grade). I went to Circuit city, and was relieved when they had them. I was not, however, relieved by the prices. They were selling them (remember, they SHOULD cost you 3-4 dollars apiece) for $8.00 a tape if you bought them singly, and, get this: $35.00 for a five-pack! Unbelievable! These people suck! I feel pity for the poor people that shoot for a hobby and think this is how much tape actually costs 'cause they aren't members of DVinfo or don't go the right dealers.
Josh Bass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2003, 05:40 PM   #2
Capt. Quirk

I was in a pinch for tapes, so I went to Ritz cameras and got a five pack... $30. If there were someplace closer, it would have been different. Otherwise, I have to mail order.
K. Forman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2003, 07:42 PM   #3
New Boot

Around me, the only store that has good deals on tape is Sam's Club. Six Maxell tapes for $22. All the electronics or department stores (Best Buy, Circuit City, CompUSA, Target, and WalMart, to name the ones i've tried personally) charge at least $6 per tape.
Billy McPherson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2003, 08:07 PM   #4
Inner Circle

Pricey indeed... but consider the cost of a roll of super 8 film

20 dollars for 3 minutes. Then another 12 for processing.

But it does give you that FILM LOOK !
Richard Alvarez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2003, 11:07 PM   #5
Trustee

Well I was doing this for my tapes until about 2 months ago when I finally found someone cheaper. I would buy them from a local electronics store and they cost me $30 each (NZ) which is about US$17 dollars each - YUP you read right - seventeen - . Now I get them for a *bargain* $13 which is about US$8 but that's a lot better than $30.

Joy

Aaron

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media