Input on Video name...? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media
Let's talk about anything media related.

Old July 3rd, 2003, 10:34 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Input on Video name...?

Alright, hey board. Whats going on? Okay, this thread is about my new rollerblading video. I have been thinking about naming it DESREVER which is reversed backwards. Which means the video would play from the credits to the intro. Recently, I've been thinking about it though and I really don't like the idea too much.
The reason I brought the topic up on here is because I thought some of the people on here could suggest a good video name and a lot of my ideas have already been used. If you know how the typical skate video runs, it shouldn't be to hard. (Intro, Random sections, Profiles, ETC.) Also, the video is going to be out of Louisville, Kentucky since that is where I live and will be on DVD so people have a selection. So I'm guessing something that has to do with Kentucky, just not Kentucky Fried Chicken, haha. Thank you to anyone who gives some input, and see you all later on.

David Woodland

L_Ville Productions 03.
David Woodland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2003, 10:38 AM   #2
Capt. Quirk

Actually, I think you have an original idea there. Go for it.
K. Forman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2003, 10:42 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Yea I may, but I just wanna think of something even better if possible.

David Woodland

L_Ville Productions 03.
David Woodland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2003, 12:50 PM   #4
High School Student

Thats pretty cool. I watch skateboarding videos occasionally, and they often bore me (i'm not a skateboarder so I really can't appreciate how hard even standing on a skateboard is, but I have tried. :D).

About names, i've found out that when you try to think of them (just like ideas) you never come up with anything good. Just wait, something will hit you. Even if you finish editing the core of the video first, without a name, and then get a good name, and then add the intro and credits.....
Alex Knappenberger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2003, 01:03 PM   #5
Regular Crew

I grew up in Jeffersonville, IN, just across the river from you. Is this all filmed at the skate park in Lousiville or around town? Forget the name of it, but that may factor into the name. You can have a play on Thunder Over Lousiville or Churchhill Downs... Hmm...

Personally, I think the reverse idea has some merit for at least the mistakes and falls. You could see the person on the ground and learn what happened as you watch it unfold in reverse.
Joe Sacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2003, 04:48 PM   #6
Regular Crew

Play the whole video in reverse, thats a cool idea.

Credits at the front, main title scene at the end
During the segments all the skater info will be at the end of the segments. The credits could scroll from top to bottom too.
A bunch of moves in reverse like rail grinds and such, all the button controls for the DVD menu could be in reverse too, like the 'next' button goes 'back', man you could do so much with this idea.

But is it one of those ideas thats great in theory but just doesn't work with the audience when they watch it. It would be different though.

If you're looking for a new name, I say carry a pen and paper with you all the time and just think about it as you go, and if something comes to you just write it down.
Old July 5th, 2003, 04:18 PM   #7
Wrangler

What about

Kentucky Whiskey Rebellion
Kentucky Bourbon Barrell Rolls

Don't know what's on your video so if you don't have anyone doing any barrell rolls ...

The backwards name thing sounds okay but only if you actually have a lot backwards skating in the video.

I can't think of anything else off the top of my head, but you might try something with:

The Kentucky Derby
Mint Julep
The Prohibition
Bourbon Country etc.
Old July 6th, 2003, 05:16 PM   #8
Regular Crew

why not

Kentucky Rolled Chicken
or
Kentucky Rolled Blades

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media