Turkey at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media
Let's talk about anything media related.

Old July 10th, 2003, 11:41 AM   #1
Permanently Banned

Turkey

Going back to Europe. Does anyone have any information on Turkey? How safe is that country? I saw Midnight Express, and to me it has about the same attraciveness as Iraq. Is it safe to shoot a movie, actually a small portion of it, there? I know a couple that went to Turkey on very short vacation and liked it -- supposedly a nice change. Has anyone been there?
Joseph George is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2003, 02:17 PM   #2
Outer Circle

50/50. Beware. They (but not all) don't like Americans right now. Some cities there are very clean, people are friendly.
Frank Granovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2004, 12:08 PM   #3
New Boot

This is really an old thread but I just see it now and want to say something. Turkey is totally safe. "Midnight Express" is just an unfair propaganda. Please do not let yourselves be deceived.

Mr Granovski says "They don't like Americans"... But it's not true actually. We like all people in the world. Some of us are just reacting to imperialist strategies. And I think lots of American people are also not pleased about such unjust politics.

If any of you think about coming to Turkey, I'll be so glad to host you.

Best Wishes...
Ozan Karakoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2004, 01:00 PM   #4
Wrangler

I feel bad for Americans in general for the bum rap they (y'all) have. The American people are some of the nicest, kindest most generous people I've ever met (and I've seen more of the USA than most people that live there). They have their share of assholes, the same as everywhere else. Too bad the assholes are always the loudest, and often carry the biggest guns, setting the reputation for the whole country.
Oh well. Y'all are allright with me anyway.
Old March 18th, 2004, 04:02 PM   #5
Outer Circle

Ozan, my wife's brother-in-law lives in Turkey; also. 2 other family members lived there but have now moved. I have nothing against Turkey.
Frank Granovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2004, 02:48 AM   #6
New Boot

Mr. Granovski, I didn't mean that you're against Turkey. I just wanted people not to think about our country with wrong prejudice...

Thanks for your politeness.
Ozan Karakoc is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media