B+H Sourcebook. Ridiculous! - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media

The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media
Let's talk about anything media related.

Closed Thread

Old September 4th, 2008, 11:20 AM   #16
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjamin Eckstein View Post

My bicycle is powering my computer right now. Is that green enough?
This was a joke.

I love causing heated debates over innocuous comments, like, saying the B+H catalog is very big and for some people may be unnecessary.

Sheesh.
Old September 4th, 2008, 11:22 AM   #17
Regular Crew

When a farmer harvests his wheat field, he doesn't leave it barren; he replants it. Likewise, when a paper company harvests trees, they replant the area with a thicker population of trees than was there before. Paper is a truly renewable, recyclable, and non-polluting media... electronic media requires more energy to produce and usually involves toxic chemicals along the way.

I like having the paper catalog to refer to. It's often more convenient and more fun than clicking through web pages. But, if you do want to opt out of receiving it, B&H should make it a simple process.

And if you want to save $ on your electric bill by running your computer from your bicycle, I say go for it. Just don't fall under the illusion that you're saving the planet; the Earth is a lot tougher than we are and the idea that our modern lifestyle is killing it is silly. Nature and the environment will be here long after we're gone.
Old September 4th, 2008, 11:29 AM   #18
Obstreperous Rex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjamin Eckstein View Post
I love causing heated debates over innocuous comments...
Sorry, but that's not what I'm looking for on this web site.

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Old September 4th, 2008, 11:50 AM   #19
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Falbey View Post
Paper is a truly ... non-polluting media...
All the semi-political stridency expressed so far in this thread aside, you obviously did not grow up in a papermill town.

ON TOPIC: It took me less than 10 seconds to open the B&H web site and find the link to unsubscribe page:
https://secure.bhphotovideo.com/find...beCatalogs.jsp
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media