What's wrong? I'll tell you what's wrong! - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media
Let's talk about anything media related.

Old October 23rd, 2003, 03:03 PM   #16
Major Player

Let's take it one step further, Will. Make it a seat in a vehicle with the computer on board, camera out front, eliminating the steady things; have robotic arms that "hold" the camera and could get any type/length/height of shot; and, of course, surround sound, CD player, Microwave, TV, comfortable seating and women would be provided with the "DVehicle." Damn, that's not a bad idea at all...i'll get right on that!
Old October 23rd, 2003, 05:16 PM   #17
Major Player

This DVehicle sounds pretty sweet so far!! And of course, make it small enough to use indoors.
Old October 23rd, 2003, 06:32 PM   #18
Major Player

The ideal cam needs to be like a piece of military equipment in that there is the basic module and then you can add to it to your specific needs. For instance, it would come with a basic EVF and lens, but ..... and this is the beauty, you can upgrade the EVF to a B&W with all the bells and whistles. You could add all types of lens (O.K., al la XL-1s), you can add external mics (al la DVX-100), and you can add a shoulder stock (al la AK-47, er ah or something like that).

If you want to keep it basic, you can. But if you want to make upgrades then that would be possible too. Oh yes, and the basic model needs 1/2" chips.

It's possible.

Nick
Nick Kerpchar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2003, 06:38 AM   #19
Major Player

Aw, c'mon guys, this thread is getting completely ridiculous. It's one thing to ask for a few minor cam add-ons like cup holders and seats, but this DVehicle concept is just a complete fantasy. And armor? There's no place for this sort of junk in a professional forum.

Let's try to get this back on a more realistic plane.

Plane. Hmmm......

Will
Will Fastie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2003, 10:43 AM   #20
Major Player

??????

Will,

See forum topic: And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media.

I think the "completely ridiculous" fits fine in "Totally Off Topic." We are still talking media, albeit a bit creative, it's still media. Why squash a dreamer? And, why not explore your creative side...go with this plane concept, go with it man.

...you know what they say, "One man's 'junk' is another man's treasure!!!"
Old October 24th, 2003, 06:27 PM   #21
Wrangler

<<<-- Originally posted by Will Fastie : Aw, c'mon guys, this thread is getting completely ridiculous ... this DVehicle concept is just a complete fantasy. And armor? -->>>

Oh just you wait Fastie, one day we'll all be riding around in our SUV camcorders! And then, and then ... you'll ... you'll ... well, I guess you really won't care :-p

... And somehow, in some weird strange way, this thread is still on topic ...
Old October 24th, 2003, 06:58 PM   #22
Outer Circle

For me the six most useful features would be:

1) Really really Low light
2) See through :):)
3) 100X optical zoom
4) Atomic batteries
5) Automatic lock and zoom for cheeks
6) Ability to record ghosts

This is my short list, with 1 new request (#5).
Frank Granovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2003, 07:22 AM   #23
Major Player

Frank in your dream that your falling off a cliff are you by any chance holding on to a broken video camera? That would give the dream some real meaning!
Bob Zimmerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2003, 07:53 AM   #24

Awwww geeeez Frank, there is one technology that you neglected to mention which I cannot understand why it has not yet been implemented on all cameras. The Doze-Alert http://www.doze-alert.com. Now, that would certainly help me to cut down on my RedBull intake!

Give the people what they want I say!

- don
CREATE and NETWORK with http://www.bosfcpug.org
and also http://fcpugnetwork.org
Don Berube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2003, 08:07 AM   #25
Major Player

I take it back. For Frank to be safe when operating his "Peeping Tom DV100x" cam in "NoLight" mode, he will need the protection of armor plus the speed of the DVehicle in order to make his escape.

Will
Will Fastie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2003, 01:47 PM   #26
Outer Circle

Bob, I'm not hanging on to any cam---I thought everyone had this dream. It's a very common dream it seems, from what I've read.

Regarding "spy videos," this is big business. People are always faking injury, cheating on their other 1/2, etc.

Don, now that's some useful device! (for driving)
Frank Granovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2003, 07:48 PM   #27
Major Player

I donīt want all those hi-tech impossible stuff you want.
I will settle for a Cam that you can rub three times and some Guy or Girl will come out of some purple smoke and then call me "master" and grant me wishes.

Make that just a Girl.
Old October 27th, 2003, 12:19 AM   #28
Wrangler

How about a camera with a "Magic 35mm Film Look" button, or a one that digitaly reproduces a 5 man lighting/grip team in camera.
Old October 31st, 2003, 06:14 PM   #29
Major Player

One man's junk is another man's chinese fishing boat.

Hey just to squash one little piece of phony nastalgia... that whole Sony "see-thru" thing is GROSSLY over-represented... it never worked like those pictures you see on the net... the whole concept is actually quite simple and you can pretty easily get a BETTER "see-thru" camera for a lot less then any Sony with nightshot FROM ANY YEAR... the fact is that it just doesn't work like the pics... I KNOW... I tried it... many times... er, no not really, uh... I mean a FRIEND kept trying it over and over again... A ccd is more sensitive to IR energy then the human eye... way more... anyway, the nightshot mode engaged an internal IR filter and lowered the shutter... old models allowed manual shutter/iris control but new ones don't... anyway, the idea behind "see-thru" is that infrared energy passes thru "shear" material... so if a sun-tanning beauty is laying out and then jumps into a pool for a second... the temperature difference between the hydrated swimsuit and warm nip... er skin... makes the definition of the object come out... hereby appearing to be see-thru whereas the cam is just picking up the difference in infrared radiation... lesson over. And trust me, even this rarely works... depends on EXACT condtions... If you spent as much time trying to GET the girls you were trying to film you'd have more success seeing what's on the other side of that clothing... as far as "see-thru"... don't believe the hype. It's a bunch of guys clinging to a once-in-a-while fluke.

Hey so how's that dv plane coming?
Matt Gettemeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2003, 11:28 PM   #30
Regular Crew

I can't believe that in this day and age, no one has mentioned the need for the following basic features:

1. Front and side impact airbags in case the tripod tips over.
2. 300 meter water resistant capability with built in oxygen tank for underwater shooting.
3. Sunglasses capable of wirelessly receiving video signals eliminating the need for view finders and field monitors.
4. An onboard adjustable directional/omni directional microphone capable of isolating someone’s whisper in a major sporting event.

We should boycott all manufactures until these simple and basic demands are met. No compromises.

PS.
Frank, your camera can see ghosts, you just need the optional goggles in order to preview them.
I too believe that this should come standard with the every camera purchase.
Despair not. You too can be a proud owner of these magic goggles. If you or any of you fine ladies and gentlemen are interested, I sell these for $24.95 shipping included. Great deal!
Act now as these won't last.
Check out my current post of the private classified forum.
You won't be able to get these at EBay.
Bernard Diaz is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media