How's the weather in Florida at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media
Let's talk about anything media related.

Old November 11th, 2003, 10:16 AM   #1
Wrangler

How's the weather in Florida

I'm going to be back in Central Florida (Orlando, Ocala, and the East Coast in that area) in a few weeks. Probably the first two weeks of December.
Can anyone here give me an idea what the weather/temperature will be like? Last time you guys were dead on about it raining every day, except it rained all day, not just for an hour. :)

Thanks
Old November 11th, 2003, 10:36 AM   #2
Capt. Quirk

In December, you can expect temps to get as low as 50's, or stay as high as the 80's. Rain is unpredictable. Of course, it may get colder, or not. We like to keep the tourists guessing ;)
K. Forman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2003, 12:52 PM   #3
Major Player

Welcome to Miami...if you don't like the weather...wait 10 minutes!

Humidity and temp should be down. It usually drops to a bitter-cold 55 degrees.

Considering that we are two weeks into November and the temp right now is 83 degrees during the day and 76 at night it's needless to say that our winters are mild at best.

Rain shouldn't be too much of a consideration as it is pretty much our dry season although we did have one December where it rained as if it were June! But that is not the norm.

Up, closer to the center of the state it is generally a little cooler but all in all...very nice.

RB
Old November 11th, 2003, 12:57 PM   #4
Warden

Average daytime highs near 80 and overnight lows in the 60's. Slight chance of rain, but the average is 2 to 3 inches, total for the month.

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Where to Buy? From the best in the business: DVinfo.net sponsors
Jeff Donald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2003, 01:31 PM   #5
Trustee

I'm actually right in Orlando, and the weather you can expect will definitely be wonderful compared to your earlier experience. Rain is, as always, unpredictable, but the temp will be between the 50s and 70s. I think the long running record high for Dec. is 90, waaay back in 1978, so there's no danger of heat.

Also, on average, and I just confirmed this with the weather stats for Orlando, December is the month with the least average rain out of the whole year.

So you should have a nice time :)
Imran Zaidi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2003, 02:15 PM   #6
Regular Crew

Hey, that's our motto!

"Welcome to Wisconsin...if you don't like the weather...wait 10 minutes!" :)

www.jcmediaservices.com
www.kickbacktracks.com
Royalty Free Video Production Loops!
Jason Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2003, 08:47 PM   #7
Wrangler

Perfect! Thanks guys!

Going to do some travelling and camping. Plus Disney and Epcot. All the fun stuff I didn't get to do when I was there this summer.

BTW: our weather motto in Vancouver is, "If you don't like the rain, wait ten minutes, and you'll have a different type of rain."
Old November 12th, 2003, 12:04 AM   #8
Major Player

Vancouver weather.

Dylan,

I was in Vancouver, teaching at a conference in October 2001. We had one foggy day and 6 gorgeous days of sunshine and 45-65 degree weather. Everyone said that it was totaly atypical.

Victoria was amazing and the drive to Whistler was spectacular.

I think you guys are misleading the tourists and want to keep all that beautiful landscape for yourselves!!!

Be nice and share.

As for the parks, it is good that you are going during our cooler months. The summer heat while walking on all that concrete and standing in the lines is unbearable.

***TIP*** If you do any attractions with rides that offer a line for "single riders", it is worth breaking up your group and going that route. When I go to Universal, etc., with my family, we ride single and are able to ride time after time, within minutes while folks wait in line, sometimes for over an hour, to ride together. So what if you ride with a stranger? It doesn't matter when you are zipping along at 70mph and screaming your head off!

Enjoy your stay and stay safe.

RB
Old November 12th, 2003, 01:12 PM   #9
Inner Circle

Unfortunately I'm stuck up here in the D.C area except for a small break for Christmas. Maybe see some snow for the first time in 10 years.
Joe Carney is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media