‘Hollywood’ Films vs Independent Films Interview Questions at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media
Let's talk about anything media related.

Old November 24th, 2003, 01:25 AM   #1
Regular Crew

‘Hollywood’ Films vs Independent Films Interview Questions

Hey everyone-

For my senior project in high school, I am writing a 10 page paper about independent films. I am turning to all of you for your help. I need to conduct an interview and I figured the easiest way is to post the questions on the dvinfo board. There are 4 different sets of questions; feel free to answer them.

Topics:
Marketing in Films - http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthread.php?s=&threadid=17508

Sound Importance - http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthread.php?s=&threadid=17507

‘Hollywood’ Films vs Independent Films Questions - http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthread.php?s=&threadid=17509

These questions are directly aimed at the battle between Hollywood Films vs. Independent Films

From 'Dude Where's My Car?' to 'Legally Blonde 2', Do you think the quality of Hollywood films has decreased over the last few years?

In 1996 the average Hollywood film cost $35.3 million, do you feel Hollywood films production prices are too high?

With the surge in the 'indie' scene from such sources as ifctv.com, film festivals, and 'The Blair Witch Project', have Independent film popularity increased over the years?

Hollywood films seem to be all “cookie cut”, sequals, prequals, or remakes, what is your opinion on the subject?

Which seem more realistic: Hollywood films or Independent films?
Feel free to explore all types of movies on this question.

Anymore comments are welcome!

Thanks for your time guys!

http://www.curtkay.com
I WILL not be held down.
Curt Kay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2003, 02:05 AM   #2
Wrangler

Some of your questions are more or less objective questions that can be answered by statistical data. You'll impress an interviewee a lot more if you've done your homework, allowing you to ask questions like, "Art film revenues grew by 450% in the previous decade. What do you think accounts for the booming popularity of independents?" (The answer, by the way, is likely to be an surge in the number of exhibition venues in the form of suburban megaplexes, and more available screens means theaters can take more risks on the variety of films they present. See the above link.)

Google is easy and fun to use, but if you want to be truly thorough, go to your library and have a librarian teach you how to use Lexis-Nexis.

Also, be vigilant when it comes to your presentation--don't allow your questions to be tinged by a tone of bias. Without being qualified by poll data etc., questions like "Why do Hollywood films seem so unreal compared to Independent films?" indicate you already have an opinion on the subject.

Good luck, do work you will be proud of, and when the dust settles, let us know how it went!

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | The best in the business: DVinfo.net sponsors
Robert Knecht Schmidt is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media