"The Office" -- d'ya know much about its production? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media

The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media
Let's talk about anything media related.

Old April 1st, 2004, 03:54 PM   #16
Wrangler

A few more brit shows taken on by the US networks.

"Pop Idol" and "Ground Force"

Good things come to those who wait

My Skiing web www.Frostytour.co.uk

For quick answers Search dvinfo.net | The best in the business: dvinfo.net Sponsors
Ed Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2004, 07:33 AM   #17
Regular Crew

The BBC's 'The Office' dvd's include behind the scenes features that might reveal some of the technical sides of the production. I know that on one of the disks there is a long scene going throught the editing of the program whilst the head editor is been tied up at the back of the studio- makes funny viewing.
Matthew Laskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2004, 09:17 AM   #18
Major Player

Matthew --

Hmmm, that's not on either of the Series One discs I watched (which go back to the video rental store in mere minutes). Series Two comes out later this month -- with a supossed combo pack of Series One and Two as well, which I'll probably buy... Maybe it'll be on there (I assume the Series Two disc is already available in the UK?)
John Britt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2004, 09:19 AM   #19
Regular Crew

yep- series 2 is out in the uk too.. Got both for christmas. There is part in the outtakes or video diary that shows camera set up for a second or two.
Matthew Laskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2004, 09:08 PM   #20
Major Player

For those of you in the Athens/Atlanta region

Any of you in the area are invited to a special, free screening of the subject of this thread, The Office.

Two episodes will be shown *free of charge* Tuesday, April 20, at the Steney-Stovall Theatre, across from the Varsity on Milledge. A catered reception starts at 7:00 pm and the screening starts at 7:30 pm.

See more at http://www.karatemedia.com/video/theoffice.html

I think the Series 2 DVD should be out the same day, so I'll be hitting the video store right after the screening...
John Britt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2004, 06:39 AM   #21
Major Player

Firstly thanks rob for the redirection.

Secondly: The effect of the office post post (lol) is to damn good to just leave it here. I mean the motion is fantastic it moves like film, the color is obvsiouly less but you cant really add rez.

I am determined to find out what the exact process is, i feel it is such a valuable tool i should know atleast how it is done.
Ben Gurvich is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media