Best NAB experience at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media
Let's talk about anything media related.

Old May 6th, 2004, 04:59 PM   #1
Trustee

Best NAB experience

Hey all of you people who went to NAB, I'll be heading to vegas and I'm wondering if anyone has an opinion on the best place to stay. I justify this being "media" because I used the acronym NAB in it.
Nick Hiltgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2004, 05:20 PM   #2
Inner Circle

I stayed at Main Street Station downtown. They've got a nice buffet there, even though I'm not much of a food fanatic. Rate was based on a package deal from Hawaii -- where a lot of their guests come from.

The cigarette smoke isn't as bad as most other places. Best yet, I won a decent jackpot on a poker machine when I went to NAB. It didn't make us rich, but we put gambling money back into the bank account for once.

Circus Circus usually has really good rates, too.

Dean Sensui
Base Two Productions
Dean Sensui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2004, 06:43 PM   #3
Trustee

Thanks, I'm thinking of doing one really cheap night and then a more expensive night, (paid for in advance for when I lose all my money on the cheap night) I was thinking circus circus (because it's next to slots o fun) and then something like hard rock or MGm or bellagio or soemthing along those lines. (note the "expensive night" would be on a sunday drastically lowering the expense)
Nick Hiltgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2004, 11:33 AM   #4
Regular Crew

MGM was beautiful ... especially the pool area.

We stayed at the Frontier (a dump) but the price was right. You could hear the construction beeps of trucks backing up all night long from across the street though.
Old May 7th, 2004, 08:06 PM   #5
Trustee

thanks jim that's exactly what i was looking for
Nick Hiltgen is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media