dv.com forum is in a time warp! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media

The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media
Let's talk about anything media related.

Old July 13th, 2004, 06:23 AM   #1
Wrangler

dv.com forum is in a time warp!

I just paid a visit to the camera forum on DV.com, and somebody must be playing with the wayback machine again over there. Right now (8:15 AM on 7/13) with the exception of one post about the XL-2 and my post asking what happened, we seem to have regressed to December 15, 2003. The hot topics include the video of Saddam Hussein's capture and what people want for Christmas.

Really, I'm not making this up! So once again we can be thankful that Chris provides us with a reliable forum here at DVinfo, especially on a day with so much exciting news from Canon!
Boyd Ostroff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2004, 04:17 PM   #2
Wrangler

Things are getting stranger and stranger over there. It seems that only I and two other people have been able to post anything to the forums. I'm using an old link I bookmarked. When I went to the DV.com homepage and clicked "community", then picked a topic I got this really strange message
Quote:
Forbidden (403)
You have requested data that the server has decided not to provide to you. Your request was understood and denied.
Anybody else have luck getting online over there? Maybe I'm doing something wrong? The link that puts me in the Twilight Zone is http://www.dv.com/forums/showTopics....VN?sid=1&fid=2
Old July 13th, 2004, 04:50 PM   #3
Regular Crew

You are on the old pre-dec 15 pages and software. Erase your cookie and enter normally through "community". The forums are running fine.
Old July 13th, 2004, 06:50 PM   #4
Wrangler

Fascinating... but why doesn't that link work for me as it always has, up through last night? That site is just too exasperating...

[edit]

I have tried 3 times to delete all the cookies I could find (Explorer under MacOS X 10.2.8). On the third try when I went back to DV.com it finally saw me as a guest. I login and click the forum link. It then asks me login again (even though it shows my username already). I do this and when I click on the forum link I get the same message, 'Forbidden (403)
You have requested data that the server has decided not to provide to you. Your request was understood and denied. "

Whatever, I'm quite content around these parts as it is...
Old July 13th, 2004, 07:43 PM   #5
Major Player

I havenīt been there for a while but I too keep getting that error message, and have not been able to log in.

I hope this sounds like a positive critique, and not like a bashing post... but I just donīt like that site...
First of all.. the forum is not "friendly" from an usability point of view... not for me at least...

Technically, it just made me waste too much of my precious time... That non-sense thing that requiered you to be registered and logged to read the content or the forums, for me is just unacceptable...

Still, I registered, and then I found out that the content they have could be found somewhere else without all that hassle... (dvinfo maybe?....Thanx to my discontent with them I found dvinfo.net...)

Maybe Iīm too picky but as a rule If in two or three minutes in a site Iīm not where I want to be... I go somewhere else...

Simple is good, and Dvinfo is truly an example for other community sites...

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media