Hewlett Packard Ad at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media

The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media
Let's talk about anything media related.

Old October 13th, 2004, 10:17 PM   #1
Retired DV Info Net Almunus

Hewlett Packard Ad

Let's face it. Television ads have basically become Shakespearean; (much) sound and fury signifying nothing. But every once in a while an ad comes along that is highly imaginative, well done and actually conveys the sponsor's product in a memorable way.

HP has been running such an ad in the U.S. lately for their digital cameras and printers. Basically, it's a series of short clips featuring people holding empty picture frames in front of someone or some scene, then walking away with the frame which now contains a photo of the scene it framed.

Has anyone else noticed these ads and also thought they are clever? I'll bet that they took a bundle of time and money to produce.

Hey, you don't have enough stuff!
Buy with confidence from our sponsors. Hand-picked as the best in the business...Really!

See some of my work one frame at a time: www.KenTanaka.com
Ken Tanaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2004, 10:39 PM   #2
Wrangler

Yes Ken, I made a similar comment to my better half while watching that ad the other day. Definitely original.

However, for sheer entertainment value, I really liked the series of ads on identity theft from Citibank. Those had me rolling on the floor...."$1500 dollars for a leather bustier, I didn't care. Besides, it lifts and separates". Classic stuff.

regards,

=gb=
Greg Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2004, 10:51 PM   #3
Retired DV Info Net Almunus

Yes, the one's with the contra-gender voice dubs. Those are also excellent and are so apparently simple. I guess the great ones often are strong in their concept but technically simple.

Hey, you don't have enough stuff!
Buy with confidence from our sponsors. Hand-picked as the best in the business...Really!

See some of my work one frame at a time: www.KenTanaka.com
Ken Tanaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2004, 09:53 AM   #4
Trustee

that's why ad dollars cost so much, they're being paid to come up with creative ways to grab hold of your attention and remember their product brand. just look at IBM's offbeat ads. i only wish that 2 hour long films are as good =^).

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media