THe Forgotten at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media

The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media
Let's talk about anything media related.

Old November 10th, 2004, 07:10 PM   #1
Major Player

THe Forgotten

Anybody seen the movie?

I don't know when it got out in the states but it just came here. While the story wasn't very impressive there were some surprise shots.. SPOILER WARNING I guess..

The shot where they are hit by the national security (?) car is very well done!! i really jumped on that one. (And I don't jump THAT easily) Another surprise shot is when the policewoman is sucked up.. how were those done?? Any ideas?

My third and biggest question is why alien technology hasn't solved how to wall-paper properly.. =)
Alfred Okocha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2004, 08:50 PM   #2
Major Player

Well, the film is pretty lame.. but it isn't possible that nobody has seen the movie?? Accidently or not =)
Old November 25th, 2004, 12:15 PM   #3
Air China Pilot

Well, it is called "The Forgotten" after all.
Old November 25th, 2004, 12:27 PM   #4
Major Player

hehe,
yeah, I guess you are right Keith!
Old November 25th, 2004, 06:12 PM   #5
New Boot

I agree with you about those moments you described, Alfred.

I jumped out of my seat in the theater. I have no idea how they did that with the detective. The car one reminded me of that scene early on in Erin Brokovich when she's sidelined by that oncoming car except this time around, the audience is in the car!

As for the wallpaper, I think the government agencies are responsible for the clean-up, not the aliens. The agencies help keep alien activity queit, hence the reason they were after the main characters in the first place, to keep them from finding out.
Charles Saeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2004, 07:28 PM   #6
Major Player

Not a type of movie to look for a watertight story I guess.. They didn't aim for "based on a true story" (I hope.. but how would we know.. ;)

Whoever they were, we can all agree on that they were bad professionals.. not the type I'd lend my camera to.. =)

In "meeting Joe Black" (?) with Brad Pitt as death, there's another surprise accident that make you jump a bit. But this one you actually see coming some moments before and I actually think I put an arm up for protection.. =(
Seeing it at the theaters is a must, I think, since those effects probably aren't much on a small TV..

Well done, I thought.
Alfred Okocha is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media