Film and telecine questions... at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media

The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media
Let's talk about anything media related.

Old December 2nd, 2004, 07:49 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Film and telecine questions...

Hello people.

I need to find out from others who've done what we planned to do , to see if this is viable. It might sound like silly questinos though...

We're shooting on Super 16 in PAL land and after telecine to digibeta, most of the time, it would be PAL. But we intend to bring it back to the States to do the edit and rest of the post. So am I correct to say that we should acutally see if its possible to telecine it into NTSC instead , if possible ? Is this the best way ? or should we actually bring the film cans back to the states to process and telecine too ?? (It costs a lot less in Thailand where most of the processing will be done while the film will be shot and telecine-d in Singapore)

Which brings me to my next question... we feel safer to hand carry the film cans to Thailand for processing than to fed-ex it, so are those horrible customs people gonna ruin it with their security check and the penetrating x-rays ?? How can we get it done safely without conflict ??

THANK YOU for all the valuable input !!!!
Old December 2nd, 2004, 09:07 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Telecine in the format you intend to edit in. NTSC if that's your plan.

Telecine overseas, if it's cheaper than the US.

I wouldn't trust my unexposed negative in an airport security situation... I'd fedex it to the lab. But that's MY paranoia.

Final question, do you intend to conform the negative? Or output to video only?
Richard Alvarez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2004, 09:23 AM   #3
Regular Crew

thanks richard.

at this point of time, we don't know whether it will stay as video in the final form or a print to film...

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media