Is my monitor the only one that's white now? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media
Let's talk about anything media related.

Old April 17th, 2005, 07:34 AM   #1
Major Player

Is my monitor the only one that's white now?

Boy I sure wish it was... it's been one day and I really miss the colors of the old forum. On a CRT monitor, in the middle of the night... the black text on white background just cuts right to the surface of my retinas... I always thought the color scheme of the old forum was so easy on the eyes... and professional...

Chris, I love your forum... but what's with the white?
Matt Gettemeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2005, 07:39 AM   #2
Trustee

Just like HDTV burn in!

Ok, try this:

If you read the forums (and don't blink) for 20-30 seconds...close your eyes and look away. I don't know about you guys, but I can still read the forum. lol
Old April 17th, 2005, 08:20 AM   #3
Capt. Quirk

I agree... The old way was the better format. More comfortable. It almost feels like I'm on a Mac now. *shiver*
Old April 17th, 2005, 10:09 AM   #4
Major Player

You may have seen this already mentioned in the other thread, but if you haven't already done it - go to the bottom left of the screen and select Quick Style Chooser. You can then select one of three different formats -- specifically take a look at the on entitled "--vbulletin 3".
Old April 17th, 2005, 10:50 AM   #5
Major Player

I still like the old format much better... but this is a serious improvement over what I first saw of the new format.

Thanks Brandon. I hadn't seen the other thread. That adjustment helped.
Matt Gettemeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2005, 11:11 AM   #6
Inner Circle

I don't want to spoil the new forum, because it's great that moderators and Chris did so much effort to make a new one, or a new look, but if I'm honest, I liked the last one more too. It was more easy on the eyes, now this is kind of real bright to read. On the previous model I could read for hours, but on this one, I think I couldn't do it. I think darker colours would help more too but hmm, well it's only my opinion, I don't want to sound ungratefull, which I ain't it's just eh, well, hmm, the previous was much more relaxing to read...
Mathieu Ghekiere is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media