My short film at Slamdance 2010 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media
Let's talk about anything media related.

Old December 22nd, 2009, 06:55 AM   #1
Slash Rules!

My short film at Slamdance 2010

Sorry to post another shamelessly self-promotion so soon. I'm trying to be more aggressive since I'm usually so terrible at it. My short film
"Joey and Jerome's Artistic Meaningful Independent Film"
jj2 main
http://www.joshbass.com/movies/jj2trailerv3wmv.wmv

will screen at next year's Slamdance (it goes on concurrently with Sundance in the same city, on the same street!) in January. I don't know if any of you guys are going or have films there, but let me know if you want more screening info.

I'm sure some time in the near future I'll have an actual question to post here.
Josh Bass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2009, 06:12 PM   #2
Slash Rules!

Hmm? What's that? Why yes, I DID hear every member of this board simultaneously begging me for more info telepathically, though they didn't respond to the thread. That's cool. Here is more info:

Movie's facebook page (how hip!)
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Joey-a...m/379879645108

Twitter (even hipper!)
Joey and Jerome (joeyandjerome) on Twitter

Slamdance:
Slamdance - Est. 1995

So, there are two screenings throughout the festival
they are at 5PM both days (more precisely they are in a block of shorts which STARTS at 5PM, not sure precisely when my movie shows during that time), on 1/22/10 and 1/26/10 at the Gallery Screening Room of the Treasure Mountain Inn (aka Slamdance headquarters) on 255 Main St., Park City Utah.

Thanks for listening! End transmission.
Old December 24th, 2009, 06:10 PM   #3
Major Player

Facebook is hip, and Twitter may be hipper, but you won't be hippest until you add a Tumblr feed. Production photos, video clips from around the festival, music clips from your wonderful score, the site supports all sorts of Hipster Doofus Web 2.0© features. Everybody who's anybody who doesn't want to be a nobody in the eyes of a bunch of other nobodies is using it.

Congratulations on getting into Slamdance, I'm excited to hear what happens! I'm following the film's Twitter account so I don't miss anything.
Robert Martens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 24th, 2009, 07:18 PM   #4
Slash Rules!

hey never heard of it but im a whore and i will spread that info out wherever i can. so thanks. ill look into it.
Old December 25th, 2009, 07:39 PM   #5
Wrangler

Hey Josh, congrats, getting into Slamdance is a huge win! Nicely done!
Old December 25th, 2009, 10:04 PM   #6
Slash Rules!

Thank you sir. Let's hope I get something out it besides spending an assload of money to attend and being very cold.
Old December 28th, 2009, 06:56 AM   #7
Inner Circle

Congrats.

Is it hard to get selected for it? What's the selection process like?
Brian Luce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2009, 07:06 AM   #8
Slash Rules!

I would say pretty hard to get in. Not "Sundance Hard", but maybe your next level of hardness down. They say they got 5000 entries this year, and out of those, 13 or so features and 64 shorts will play.

What's the selection process like? I'm not sure how to answer that. I sent in my reasonable fee, sure I'd never get in, and was later personally contacted by a guy on the selection committee who said he liked my film, but wondered if I could resubmit a shorter cut (originally I submitted a 24-minute version, which is what I'd sent out to probably 40-something fests prior to Slamdance) as I'd have a much better chance at getting in, and he wanted to lobby for my film to the rest of the committee. So I spent a week or two trying to keep all the comedic gold but still hold the story together, and cut out a buttload of footage, and resubmitted (a lean 17-minute version). After a while I got another call from him and learned I was in.

So that's my view of events. That answer your question?
Josh Bass is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media