VTR Service/Repair - Sydney ? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media
Let's talk about anything media related.

Old October 10th, 2010, 03:08 PM   #1
Regular Crew

VTR Service/Repair - Sydney ?

Anyone know of a good but "fair priced" pro video servicing centre in Sydney or Brisbane ?

I have some U-matics and Hi-8 machines in need of some TLC.

Thanks
Steve.

Last edited by Steve Elgar; October 10th, 2010 at 05:12 PM.
Steve Elgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2010, 03:41 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Two ways I might approach this would be :-

Contact your Sony Professional dealer and service centre. They may be the only ones to still have copies of what would have then been paper tech. notes and manuals. They will charge of course and it won;t be cheap if they have to read up and learn stuff.

Alternatively, contact the Sony Professional dealer and the older capital city TV stations and ask for names of retired techs who would have worked on those machines.
Bob Hart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2010, 09:09 AM   #3
Equal Opportunity Offender

VideoPro in Brisbane have some very good (and older) techs who have been in the game for a long time. U-Matic should be no problem for them. The TV station techs seem to have enough on their hands and aren't concerned about additional work.

Can't remember the name of the particular guy I am thinking of. Will update with another post if I think of it.

Give them a call on 07 3890 7755.

Andrew
Andrew Smith is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media