Oink...Oink...squeal....squeal....camera repair at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media

The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media
Let's talk about anything media related.

Old November 18th, 2002, 10:51 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Oink...Oink...squeal....squeal....camera repair

I hate camera bashers.....just read a post at videouniversity.

Guy complains about his XL-1 & other Canon cameras and bad pixels.

This guy bashes Canon. I can't understand why? I have had both Sony and Canon. I had more problems with my little TR101 Hi8 than any camera I have had in my life.

I had an extended warranty and the insurance company spent more money on the camera repairs than the camera cost (about $1200.00 back then).

So, I have had it with these bash nuts. It is much cheaper to get your camera cleaned every year by Canon then to let it sit in the dirt and get so screwed up that it cost a ton later.

The guy I'm talking about is supposed to be a "pro". Huh??? Don't pros know what is right and what might not be right?

Annual cleaning is the way I go. Canon charges me $100 and it cost $40 to get it to them. But I have an extended warranty via NSI and they pay for cleaning and repairs. Just paid $340 for drum and roller.

The post said nothing. He just bitched and sqealed about Canon. So go out to the forest and scream and roll in dirt. Bitch to your wife, don't tie up good space with crap. At first I thought that the post was to mean something.

It sure is nice to come here and be able to post requests and get answers that are straight. No crap that seems to be everywhere else. Including Avid Community. Damn I posted a request there about blacking tape. Jerk that replied was an idiot and didn't answer my question. Then I remembered this spot and came here and search for blacking tape and got my ans without having to ask.

This place is great!

evc@starband.net
Bob Deming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2002, 10:19 AM   #2
RED Code Chef

A couple of things:
  • When someone says he or she is a Pro they somehow rarely tend to be or behave as one
  • Even real pro's don't know a lot of things or simply do what they have learned through the years
  • Most pro's are pro's because other people respect what they do so much IMHO. In other words, they get there pro label from other people instead from "themselves".

Ofcourse bashing is never a good thing. Especially if you cannot
support your claims.

Oh well...

Rob Lohman, visuar@iname.com
DV Info Wrangler & RED Code Chef

Join the DV Challenge | Lady X

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Buy from the best: DVinfo.net sponsors
Rob Lohman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2002, 02:26 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Can I be a pro.... Bryan asks in a very proffesional way.
:P
Bryan Johannes Onel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2002, 03:39 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Be a Pro? Is that the same as being a consultant? Most consultants I know are out of work!!!

Sure, since you are the only one that asked....I elect you the pro of the year.

Congratulations, carry your camera high!

evc@starband.net
Bob Deming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20th, 2002, 02:01 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Oh yayness,

First of all I'd like to thank the academy..........
Bryan Johannes Onel is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media