Film Festivals and Short Films - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media

The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media
Let's talk about anything media related.

Old January 12th, 2012, 01:11 AM   #16
Major Player

Re: Film Festivals and Short Films

Ultimate Goal for shorts?

Well, I think of a short as a business card - not really expecting to be picked up by some magor studio or anything, but its nice for potential clients or film makers to see that I ve been recognized for my work somewhere?

I think ultimately I would like to be a cinematographer for films, but at the same time I like doing commercials and some events as well to pay the bills. I think being selected at a film festival also raises the value of the crew/cast as well because they are recongized for their work and professionals that judge the films think that they have something good....

Update by the way - so far out of hearing back from 5 film fests (Sundance, Slamdance, Durrango, SF Independent and Trail Dance) we ve been selected at Trail Dance as official selection and a nominee for "best short film" at Trail Dance - we hear back from the other twenty something festivals over the next few months. Hopefully we'll get selected at at least a few other ones too.
Silas Barker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2012, 09:31 PM   #17
Trustee

Loved the trailer. Wish you all the best on the festival tour.

I would get a feature script ready and use the tour to start (read: get funding) my next venture.
Old January 19th, 2012, 10:26 PM   #18
Major Player

Hey thanks!
Glad you liked it!

Good suggestion - I am working on writing another short for now but I'll keep it in mind!
Silas Barker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2012, 06:47 PM   #19
New Boot

Silas it looks quite good! I can see what you mean about being mostly a DP. A couple shots there look really impressive. I own an Ex1r myself (I mostly do corporate video) and would really love to see the whole thing (I know I can see it right there for 5 bucks, but I don't really have a way to pay for that right now, my cards are crazy).
Would you like to discuss technical stuff? lighting, how long did it take to shoot, biggest challenge, etc?
Adrian Vedder is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media