Police find gore and blood leading them to... at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media
Let's talk about anything media related.

Old September 1st, 2005, 03:53 AM   #1
Air China Pilot

Police find gore and blood leading them to...

You guessed it. An anspiring filmmaker.

Quote:
Minnesota Police Find Shooting Is Only a Low-Budget Horror Movie
ST. PAUL Aug 31, 2005 — A gory scene staged for a low-budget horror movie proved a little too realistic for police. When officers were called to the Dayton's Bluff neighborhood overlooking downtown Sunday night about a possible shooting, they found a parked car with what looked like brain matter and blood on the front seat, dashboard and windows but no victim.

Police began knocking on doors and found Lance Hendrickson, the car's owner. He was OK.
Old September 1st, 2005, 06:04 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Hilarious :-) I once heard about kids making a little movie to, and they were dressed like bandits, shooting, to rob a bank, but on the other side of the street there was another bank, that wasn't informed, and they called the police because they had been robbed not long before.

So the whole police showed, up, and stood before 4 kids of maybe 12 years old :-D with their little camcorder.
Mathieu Ghekiere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2005, 11:33 AM   #3
Major Player

'Mad Max' fans run afoul of the SAPD
Web Posted: 04/18/2005 12:00 AM CDT

Mariano Castillo
Express-News Staff Writer

Spooked motorists called police to report a scene so bizarre it could've come from a movie: a convoy of armed men apparently trying to hijack a tanker truck.

In fact, it did come from a movie.

"Mad Max 2: The Road Warrior," to be exact.

Eleven "Mad Max" movie buffs were arrested and charged Saturday afternoon with obstruction of a highway during their theatrical convoy from Boerne to the Alamo Draft House in San Antonio for a movie marathon.

Police received several calls from motorists near U.S. 151 and Loop 410 who reported a "militia" armed with machine guns surrounding a tanker truck, a police report states.

The guns were fake and the tanker truck was part of the act, but two of the collared movie buffs were also charged with possession of prohibited knives.

Someone in the group told police that they were filming a documentary. But instead of sympathy, they got a citation for filming without a permit.

One of the organizers of the event, Chris Fenner, said the arrests were unfair to the group.

Fenner said he was riding a motorcycle behind the tanker truck, and the rest of the convoy was lined up behind him, not speeding or weaving in traffic.

Fenner had even e-mailed police spokesman Gabe Trevino to give the Police Department a heads-up on the event and invite officers to attend.

Along the route to the theater, Fenner had to pull over for a little while, and he arrived at the Alamo Draft House last, only to see a group of police cars there.

"I thought, wow, what a great turnout by the San Antonio police," Fenner said.

Some cops found the situation humorous, but some others were quite agitated and made the arrests, said Fenner, who was confounded that anyone would have confused the costumed crew for a real threat.

"I honestly don't know how that could be, because 'Road Warrior' was so over the top," he said.

About 25 people participated in the convoy, some from across the country, and more than twice that number were expected to attend the movie marathon.

Most were die-hard "Mad Max" fans, like Fenner.

He remembers watching the first "Mad Max" with his father and the second on a date with the woman who would be his future bride.

"I really like cars and motorcycles, and they're great car and motorcycle movies," he said.

The convoy was part of an event dubbed "Road War 151," which was to culminate with the movie marathon.

The marathon was canceled after the arrests.

According to the Web site roadwarusa.com, actor Vernon Wells, who portrayed the character "Wez," was to appear at the marathon.

Of those arrested, Jeffrey Kuykendall, 25, was charged with three counts of obstruction of a highway and possession of a prohibited knife. William Rodriguez, 20, faced one count each.

The others, charged with single counts of obstruction were Fenner, 42; Sean Richmond, 20; Joseph Goss, 45; Kevin Wright, 35; Robert Castro, 35; Gary Minter, 43; Karol Bactoszynski, 29; Christopher Medellin, 35; and Steven Shelton, 58.
Gary Chavez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2005, 07:21 AM   #4
Major Player

update on 'Mad Max' story

It was an ending befitting a Hollywood movie or, in this case, a re-enactment for a cult classic.

A judge last week threw out misdemeanor charges of obstructing a highway against 13 defendants who in April were arrested after they convoyed from Boerne to the Alamo Draft House in far West San Antonio in homage to the movie "Mad Max 2: The Road Warrior."

County Court-at-Law No. 8 Judge Karen Crouch dismissed the charges after a prosecutor said the case lacked sufficient evidence.

The defendants were arrested in April after authorities received several calls from motorists near U.S. 151 and Loop 410 who said they spotted the convoy, which included several vehicles riding alongside a tanker truck.

About 25 people were part of the convoy, with several carrying fake machine guns and knives.

They were on their way to a movie marathon at the Alamo Draft House, which was canceled after the arrests.
Old October 4th, 2005, 09:39 AM   #5
Air China Pilot

Got a link for that one?
Old October 4th, 2005, 09:41 AM   #6
Major Player

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/met...x.d76f585.html
Old October 4th, 2005, 11:55 PM   #7
Major Player

When I was 13 my friend's and I wanted to make a "torture" video imitating stuff from one of the "Rambo" flicks (I think).

We tied one friend to a mattress in the middle of a parking lot and pretended to beat the crap out of him, and then shot at him with a big orange uzi that fired rubber pellets.

Out of nowhere two squad cars flew up, cops jumped out, hiding behind their doors, pistols aimed squarely at us.

They started yelling the whole "DROP YOUR WEAPON AND GET ON THE GROUND!" stuff.

We did it, and they came over, and when they were a few feet away, started laughing at us. One cop even took the orange uzi and started shooting us with it.

He kept it and they left.

From then on my natural instinct has been to run any time I hear a cop yell, "Freeze!"

...ummm....not that that happens so often....
Jesse Bekas is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media