So my movie is now one of the most bootlegged in the world... at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media
Let's talk about anything media related.

Old August 28th, 2012, 06:37 PM   #1
Trustee

So my movie is now one of the most bootlegged in the world...

I recently released my 4th full length flick, VAMPIRELAND (also known as THE 6th EXTINCTION), on Amazon as well as some foreign territories. It's a low budget affair, no stars or flying batplanes, but it has the heart in the right place.

Image my surprise when I was told that as of today it's one of the world's most illegally downloaded films - right up there with HUNGER GAMES and DARK KNIGHT RISES. Huh. Well, somehow IMDB must keep track of such things because according to them, my film is now ranked 405th in the world, up some 88 thousand places. Huh. I've gotten over 37,000 hits on my youtube trailer for the film is 4 days. Huh.

I know I can't put the genie back in the bottle, and perhaps don't even want to, but I would like some advice - is there any way you guys can think of for me to somehow use all this new found (and quickly to fade I'm sure) attention?

I mean I'm getting extra hits on my homepage & forum, but not sure what else I can or should do...

For those who don't want to bootleg it:

In some mighty company...
http://i586.photobucket.com/albums/s...Zkilla/tpb.jpg

IMDB:
Vampireland (2012) - IMDb

Trailer:
John Vincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2012, 03:24 AM   #2
Equal Opportunity Offender

Re: So my movie is now one of the most bootlegged in the world...

Congratulations. It means that your work doesn't suck.

Any chance of earning money from product placement? Tomato sauce, perhaps? :-D

Andrew
Andrew Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2012, 11:48 AM   #3
Inner Circle

John:

Nice going John. You would think you could advertise as the most bootlegged independent filmaker. What was that film shot with John ?
Old September 3rd, 2012, 10:32 PM   #4
Trustee

Congratulations!

You can try to add a 'donate' or support Paypal button on your website if you're getting hits. You could even release a 'pirate' version of your own, in better quality and put donate ads in between.

A little time-consuming, but doesn't cost anything and hits your target audience.

Love the trailer by the way. Excellent work. Thanks for sharing.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media