Apple is getting strange at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media
Let's talk about anything media related.

Old September 29th, 2005, 09:54 PM   #1
MPS Digital Studios

Apple is getting strange

This just doesn't make any sense.

heath
Old September 30th, 2005, 09:31 AM   #2
Trustee

I love Apple. :)

My only beef is that they "innovate" to fast! I don't have the budget to buy all the goodies they put out for us.

Anyone else have that problem?? I have bought so much stuff (G5, Final Cut etc) that I can't even afford an iPod! I'm the only Apple user without one!
Old September 30th, 2005, 09:42 AM   #3
MPS Digital Studios

I need to get a new Power Mac, but I keep waiting (it also helps that I have money coming in the next two weeks, so that keeps me from buying now) for the dual-cores (a dual dual-core excites the heck outta me). But will Apple go for any new IBM innovations??

As for an iPod--I've had one since early 2002, a few months after they came out. I bought it to go to the gym and college and work with, and mostly to listen to Radiohead.

heath
Old October 6th, 2005, 12:01 AM   #4
Inner Circle

I think Steve Jobs is finally losing it. Or they are trying to find a way to push as much powerpc based product as possible before they make the switch to Intel and avoid getting stuck with lots of inventory. Otherwise, their sales would take a significant drop and hurt their quaterly financials. Still.....pretty bizarre.

Just IMHO.
Joe Carney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2005, 11:43 AM   #5
Regular Crew

Yeah, it's things like this that really turn me off from Apple.
Nick Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2005, 12:37 PM   #6
MPS Digital Studios

People are really thinking we'll see Dual-Cores next week, but the Mac mini thing is bizarre (you have a 50/50 chance of getting a 1.5 ghz or 1.42, all in 1.42 packaging).

I wonder how they'll present the dual-core Power Macs. "We're going with Intel, but here's some AMAZING stuff from IBM."

heath
Old October 7th, 2005, 12:52 PM   #7
Trustee

I'm hoping it's a iPod video. It'll be great for indie producers if Apple does for them what they did for indie music. You can get so much indie music next to Top 10 artists in iTunes. The level playing field has been awesome.

If all goes well, in about 1-2 years we'll a huge library in some sort of "iMovies" that have full length movies in the palm of our hands. All the iPod users upgrading and newbies....how cool!

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media